Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] LEs from doing Presentation Board in DU Library

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll in either University, select the Psychology Degree or any Degree that include classes with Presentation Board in it, Go to the Library, take the Presentation Board out of Sims inventory and do the Refine opinion on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get LEs but the game continues on playing.
What do you expect to see? No LEs happening
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been getting LEs when doing the Refine opinion on the Presentation Board in the library in the DU world.
I've tried to get no LEs with Mods and CC installed, Only MCCC installed and no Mods and CC installed but with no luck.
I've also tried repairing my game via Origin and that didn't fix it either.

I've already reached out for help in the MCCC discord server and they told me to bring this to attention here.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 10 (1,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: LEs from doing Presentation Board in DU Library

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It might also be that it's a case with an old save or a brand new save.

I started a brand new save (after being a complete idiot and completely deleted the save that I got the LEs in) and I didn't get the LE error like from the old save.

Old save was created about 4 or 5 weeks after Island life? came out and played lightly through RoM.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,289 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@Kotona14 : I saw your posts on that Discord. Try testing without MCCC this time (if you haven't already)?
Message 2 of 10 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@StarryMightI've already Tried it with AND without MCCC, also with and without any other mods, it's still the same error that pops up from what I understood

Message 3 of 10 (1,432 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Kotona14 : Okay, gotcha.
Message 4 of 10 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@StarryMightyeah, it was the first thing that we tried but thanks for suggesting it again though.

Message 5 of 10 (1,420 Views)

★ Guide

For reference, here is the LE that they received when they took MCCC out (I was the one who helped them). We have seen this from other people as well, and at this point we knew it had to do with libraries, but with Kotona's testing, we narrowed it down to the presentation board being placed to and from a Sim's inventory, while at a library, that triggers it.

I suspect that what's happening has to do with career progress gains from doing the presentation board, and possibly some sort of boost from doing it at a library (this part is purely speculation, as I've not had any time to play really.)

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 6 of 10 (1,387 Views)

Hero
@leroidetout TO be sure, it's just the LE triggering, there's no visual issue in the game ? Like that you can't refine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictIt's just LEs that pop up when I do that action in the DU library with no visual issues that I noticed.

Message 8 of 10 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It might also be that it's a case with an old save or a brand new save.

I started a brand new save (after being a complete idiot and completely deleted the save that I got the LEs in) and I didn't get the LE error like from the old save.

Old save was created about 4 or 5 weeks after Island life? came out and played lightly through RoM.

Message 9 of 10 (1,290 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] LEs from doing Presentation Board in DU Library

Community Manager (retired)

Anyone have a save that reproduces this LE? Thanks for the help! 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,167 Views)