[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Graduation doesn't trigger/ can't re-enroll

by Alisftbl8

Original Post

Re: Finished University, Graduation Never Triggered, No Degree?

★★ Novice

This happend to me a few days ago, I was travelling from one lot to another when term was meant to end and I was meant to graduate so it glitched and never happened. If you have MCC Command Center there is a section in expansion cheats for university that triggers a graduation the next day. 

Message 51 of 61 (703 Views)

Hero
@Launasha I moved your post over to the bug report. Could you send your save to EA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 61 (678 Views)

Final grades and graduation not triggered when on a date

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Star Wars, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Blooming Rooms, Incheon Arrivals, Industrial Loft, Fashion Street, Courtyard Oasis, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Discover University student finish their final exams of their final term on a Friday afternoon, then go on a date to celebrate that same Friday evening.
What happens when the bug occurs? Neither the notification of the final term grades on Friday evening nor the notification for graduation on Saturday morning appear. The Work Menu / Class Schedule Tab shows 12 of 12 credits completed with the note: "This Sim has Graduated. No more Terms to attend." Also the "Enroll in a University" option is indefinitely greyed out for this sim.
What do you expect to see? There should be a pop-up notification on Friday evening that displays the sim's final grades. Then on Saturday morning they should be invited to attend their graduation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Unresolved.

This is an old issue that seems to have come back after the 6/14/22 update? My Discover University Student finish their final exams of the last term term on a Friday afternoon, then went on a date that evening to celebrate. Something about the date event seems to have broken the graduation initiation event. Neither the notification of the final term grades on Friday evening nor the notification for graduation on Saturday morning ever appeared. The Work Menu / Class Schedule Tab shows 12 of 12 credits completed with the note: "This Sim has Graduated. No more Terms to attend."; the "Enroll in a University" option is indefinitely greyed out for this sim; -however- they DO get the graduation perks (increased salary and signing bonus) if they apply for a new job.

I have tried repairing the game, having the Sim take another job, apply to go back to school, and tried to use the Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_CommunicationsDegreeBAHonors cheat. None of them have worked. 

Message 53 of 61 (687 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Message 54 of 61 (645 Views)

My sim hasn't obtain her diploma

★ Novice

Hello,

My sim finished university several days ago but still hasn't received a diploma or even a proposal to go to the graduation ceremony. Should I wait or is this a game bug ? Thanks in advance.

Message 55 of 61 (632 Views)

Re: My sim hasn't obtain her diploma

Hero
@Itsxkee Was your Sim living in a dorm or at home ? Did you travel to another lot at the time the graduation was supposed to take place ?

Do you have any backups from before she was supposed to graduate ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 61 (571 Views)

★ Novice

Hey thank you for answering ! My sim lives in an apartment in San Myshuno. I don't think she was going to travel in the world at the moment when she was supposed to go to the ceremony, so I definitely don't understand why she didn't receive the proposition to assist to the ceremony... 

Message 57 of 61 (555 Views)

Hero
@Itsxkee I actually found an open bug report and merge your post.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Do you have a backup ? I don't see any other way to get around it atm but maybe there's some suggestions from affected people here in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 61 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello Everyone!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

@Itsxkee I see you posted recently, if you are still encountering this and are willing to help with the save file, please do send us the save following the instruction provided in the above link.

Message 59 of 61 (3,290 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Graduation doesn't trigger/ can't re-enroll

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem how do i fix this

Message 60 of 61 (360 Views)