[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Graduation doesn't trigger/ can't re-enroll

by Alisftbl8

Original Post

No "Graduation is tomorow" notification / no graduation

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (Eco lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Star Wars Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdooe Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After getting final grades nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Received final report card with 3 As, said I got a B+ average and have all credits needed. Then she went back to her dorm and went about the day as normal.
What do you expect to see? A notification that says "Graduation is tomorrow" and a rabbit hole for graduation the next day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim received her report card the last day of classes saying she got 3 As,  had a B+ average.  She then went back to her dorm to sleep.  There was no pop-up saying graduation would be the next day or anything.   This was on a Monday.  It is now Thursday in game (3 days later)  and she is still living in her dorm,  the class schedule says she has graduated and there are no classes left to take but we did not have a graduation and have no diploma.  

Message 11 of 61 (1,519 Views)

Re: No "Graduation is tomorow" notification / no graduation

Hero
@AlinaStarshine Sounds a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Graduation-doesn-t-trigger-can-t-re-enroll/td-p... .. did you also travel shortly before the message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 61 (1,492 Views)

Re: No "Graduation is tomorow" notification / no graduation

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did not travel / change lots with her.  She had been at the dorms before class and went back to the dorms after class.   She has not left the dorms since, has not moved out and I'm scared to have her travel off the lot just in case.  It still shows the class schedule, even though it says every thing is completed.  

I also checked and I do not have a backup from before graduation.  I guess I hadn't saved during my session, so my last backup is from the 8th which was before she went to school so I'm not able to restore a backup.  

Message 13 of 61 (1,483 Views)

Nothing happens after Britechester graduation ceremony

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Dine Out, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Graduate at university in computer science degree at Britechester university. Nothing happens after ceremony.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stuck at university with no degree, no trait, and cant enroll in another degree.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a window letting me know that I'm done university and got my new trait and diploma, and that I need to move out of the dorm or enroll in another degree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Played through a Computer Science degree with one Sim at Britechester. Living in Darkwing House for last term. finished all 12 course credits. Got the notification with my final grades for the term. Got the notification to go to the graduation ceremony. Tried multiple times, reloading my save, to attend the graduation ceremony. Every time I attend the ceremony, but come out and nothing seems to happen. Stuck as "graduated in the career panel showing 12/12 course credits, but didnt get a diploma and didnt get the extra trait for completing the degree. I dont get any notifications to move out of the dorm. I graduated on a Friday and tried playing until tuesday the following week. Still nothing.

This is my first playthrough of University, since I just got the expansion, so I'm, not sure what's supposed to happen, but I assume it's more than this stasis.

Message 14 of 61 (1,557 Views)

Re: Nothing happens after Britechester graduation ceremony

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Haunted_SpecterCan you move the Sim out of the dorm by using the map? 

Is it the same as one of these: 

Message 15 of 61 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought the University expansion and have the same problem. As suggested by some others, I tried using cheats to fix the problem but it didn't work. Using cheats to force the Sim to re-graduate still did not grant the diploma nor remove the degree requirements from the Career tab. Using cheats to forcibly remove the degree requirements from the Career tab does not allow my Sim to re-enrol in a new course. I have also contacted EA Support about this. Very irritating that such a big progress-blocking bug still exists so long after the expansion's release.

Message 16 of 61 (1,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I meet this problem but I have solved the problem now

I used this mod

[edited by EA_Kuba]

Message 17 of 61 (1,481 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still having issues with this after the latest patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 61 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Novice

After the patch, my bugged university degree disappeared and I could re-enrol. I haven't experienced the issue with further degrees as yet so it seems okay for now.

Message 19 of 61 (1,338 Views)

Hero
@Vajax Happy to hear that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 61 (1,337 Views)