Re: How do I make the sim graduate in sims 4 university?

by WolfLynneKK

Original Post

Re: No "Graduation is tomorow" notification / no graduation

★★★★★ Novice
@AlinaStarshine This is EXACTLY what I am getting.
Message 31 of 61 (2,838 Views)
Highlighted

Re: How do I make the sim graduate in sims 4 university?

★★★★ Novice

I hope this isn’t necroposting, but I found it under open issues...  I unfortunately don’t have a save either, when the issue happened I was also in the middle of remodeling my Sims’ home so I saved several times after while I was trying to wait the game out/give it a Sim week to see if I could re-enroll.

My Sim was at GeekCon when she got the grades for her final class...I was going to click the check mark button to acknowledge but she was already heading home and the loading screen popped up first.  The next day (graduation), I didn’t get a notification or reminder about graduation, but I headed to Foxbury with that Sim and never got the option to attend the graduation.  No diploma at 6pm.  She continues to have the “this Sim has graduated” dialogue in her career tab.  I did cheat in that degree after a Sim week in the game because I needed it to progress my story.  I’m playing an extended legacy game and she’s Gen 14.  I know I can’t get a graduation pic from that degree, but I have one of all the other graduates in the family so I was going to send her back for another degree but she isn’t able to re-enroll.

Message 32 of 61 (2,817 Views)

Sim Stuck as Graduate after Moving

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? It's faster to say what I don't have installed. I have everything EXCEPT Spooky, Knitting, Paranormal, Star Wars, Dream Home, and Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a new Sim from Young Adulthood in a fresh world, no mods. Enroll in University. Go through all 12 classes (I did 3 terms). After completing your final assignments and seeing on your job tab that you successfully completed 12 out of 12 credits, but before you receive notification that the graduation ceremony is upcoming, move into another lot and add NPC roommates.
What happens when the bug occurs? You stay stuck, unable to graduate or to get the bonus to your career from completing a degree.
What do you expect to see? I expect to graduate like normal, of course.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has persisted at least in some form despite EA's claims here that it has been patched: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-DU-NPCs-stuck-as-quot-Graduate-quot-after-graduation-aft....  Because that thread was locked I had to make a new one.

I "solved" my problem by reverting to an old save file and redoing 2 out of the 3 terms of university all over again and just not moving.  My sim was invited to the graduation ceremony as normal.  So while I can see what caused the problem and can avoid it going forward, it's really stupid that it happened and hopefully EA will actually patch it.

Message 33 of 61 (2,814 Views)

Re: Sim Stuck as Graduate after Moving

Hero
@queenofsprinkles I merged your post with the existing thread.

For the OP it was travelling but moving will probably have the same effects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 61 (2,782 Views)

No degree earned cos of travel

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim travelled at 6pm when final report card appears, sound played
What happens when the bug occurs? No degree, no diploma in inventory, no option to graduate, sim didn't get kicked out of dorm, can't enrol in advanced career, can't re-enrol, says sim has 12/12 and has graduated
What do you expect to see? Earned a degree in Bio
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've posted this elsewhere but I still don't have a complete fix.

-Bio degree + Soccer team, semesters Mon-Fri, Ubrite living on campus

-Sim would travel back to dorm before 'going to work' for Fri game so I would select the dorm myself to travel before 6pm to save time.

-Sim travelled as final report card sounded but upon arriving had no notification about completely degree. Sim had 'kicked off' soccer team notification. 

-Aspiration 'Earn Degree' isn't checked but Class Schedule says 12/12 and sim has completed. 

-Waited all in-game weekend and nothing; no diploma, no option to grad on buildings, no events, didn't get kicked out of dorm. 

-Mon still nothing but did get a call about making a student loan repayment, which I made. KNOWN FIX TRIED: I 'applied for job' through computer career, the Bio related careers are lvl 1's but the Pro Athlete was at lvl 5 from Soccer, so selected that. Later Mon, moved Sim and 'Kaitlyn Duong' into apt in San My

-Have played through to Thurs, reapplied to Uni but can't enrol cos option says, 'can't enrol in more classes'.

-Have turned game and console off/on with and w/o saving trying to get different outcomes.

Being console I couldn't access an earlier save file and I have no mods/cheats. I'd rather not use them either, I don't care about the grad I'd just like to be able to complete the aspiration and have the degree. 

Message 35 of 61 (2,781 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Graduation doesn't trigger/ can't re-enroll

★★ Pro

I guess this thread would apply to this case..? I have a uni student NPC/townie/whatever you wanna call it that I invited to join my sim's household. This sim seems to be locked in a state of almost graduating as depicted in this thread. They have 12/12 courses completed and can't re-enroll in a university to study more or try and finish this degree. Thus their aspiration of getting a university degree can't be completed.

Message 36 of 61 (2,718 Views)

Re: Nothing happens after Britechester graduation ceremony

★ Guide

I'm having this issue. The Sim who graduated was at home while I was with a Sim at work (Detective). The grades popped up exactly when her shift ended and it automatically threw her into travel to go home. I couldn't click the graduate's grads to acknowledge he finished. No invitation the next day to graduate, no degree showed up later. Not sure what to do. Just like the others, the career window has that he graduated etc. No classes. I traveled and came back to see if that would work. It did not. I saved and restarted. That didn't. Went to the University to see if that would trigger anything. It did not. I don't know what to do.

Message 37 of 61 (2,668 Views)

★ Expert
@Nozladi I had the same thing happen to me but the only solution I found was to install the TwistedMexi's All Cheats mod which allows you to use cheats to graduate a sim so I used it to re-trigger the notification and it gave the sim their graduation date, their degree, etc. It's really useful if you play rotationally or have a sim with a job since both can cause the uni stuff to not work correctly
Message 38 of 61 (2,650 Views)

★ Guide

@Idiosyncratic53  Unfortunately, I play on console. I have it on my PS5. *sigh* Not sure how to deal with it. I get so goal oriented. I even tried to delete User Data. lol  Trying to think of anything to trigger it.

Message 39 of 61 (2,643 Views)

★ Expert
@Nozladi I don't know if this will work since I can't try it currently but what you could try is:
1. Go into CAS for that sim and turn them into a teen
2. Go back to live mode so it regesters they're a teen now (hopefully this might get rid of the uni bit since teens can't be in uni) then age them back up again
3. Either retry the uni course or just give them the degree with the cheats found here https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/cheats.php
Message 40 of 61 (2,635 Views)