Re: Not graduating university/no degree

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: No "Graduation is tomorow" notification / no graduation

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 61 (1,085 Views)

Not graduating university/no degree

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? GP03: 1.assets.live-gp03.199
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, seasons, island living, discover university, cats and dogs, my first pet, toddler, parenthood, realm of magic, vampires, kids room, journey to batuu, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim graduated university; no notification about graduation and did not receive diploma.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn’t have anything to show for degree.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to attend graduation and receive diploma/degree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I had my sim go to UBrite in the distinguished culinary arts program. He took 4 classes each term and achieved an A+ GPA. His final class for his final term was on a Tuesday. Important to note: I had him living at home rather than on campus as I couldn’t figure out how to save the game without possibly losing the whole family. 

When he came back from class I saw his report card but nothing about attending graduation. I checked the calendar and there has been nothing in regards to graduation. I took him to UBrite and Checked the buildings to see if there were any prompts, but there were not. It’s now Thursday in the game and he still hasn’t received any notification about graduation or his diploma. 

when I look at the culinary jobs it’s only entry level. I can’t enroll him in university anymore, but under the career panel it shows class schedule and says “term days left: this sim has graduated. No more terms to attend”. 

i have 3 other sims 

Message 22 of 61 (1,045 Views)

Hero
@katMC00 Merging your thread with the main thread on this.

Could you send your save game to Nick as asked above: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Graduation-doesn-t-trigger-can-t-re-enroll/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 61 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I’m not sure if this matters but I’ve had the game open and paused for a while, while doing some digging to try and figure it out.

Also is there a way to share my save file without social media or a USB? I don’t have social media but I can manage to get a USB later on but I don’t know how that will affect the file.
Message 24 of 61 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Second question that I just thought of; I have an external storage drive in my ps4, is it possible to take that, plug it into my computer (like you would a USB) and get the file that way?
Message 25 of 61 (1,026 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@katMC00 Just follow instructions in the link given in Nicks post above. I really don't know how it works for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 61 (987 Views)

Sim won’t graduate

★ Guide

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP05:1.assets.live-ep05.147
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, island living, seasons, university, city living, snowy escape, strangerville, realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has completed university degree but hasn’t had graduation so can’t re enrol in university
What do you expect to see? Graduation ceremony
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Class schedule says there are no term days left, sim has graduated

sim hasn’t had the notice of graduation, graduated or received photo and diploma

sim can’t enrol again at university

sim finished classes on the Friday, now 6 sim days have passed

stupid laggy game 😣

Message 27 of 61 (965 Views)

Re: Sim won’t graduate

Hero
@liseylooloo I merged your post with the existing bug report on this.

Could you send your saves to EA as per instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Graduation-doesn-t-trigger-can-t-re-enroll/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 61 (945 Views)

No diploma, can't enroll in more classes

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim completed all classes, but never received diploma, cannot re-enroll. This is the first time I have tried to get a second degree, so I don't know if it would happen again.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. It continues to say "This Sim has graduated. No more terms to attend." No graduation, no photo, no diploma, and I cannot re-enroll for another degree.
What do you expect to see? My diploma and the ability to re-enroll in classes for another degree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I saw in the forum that someone else that had this problem fixed it by reloading a saved game file.  Unfortunately I did not have a recent save game file to use and it has been some time since this happened. I just went on to other things and just recently came back to it.  This is my completionist character. She has maxed all skills, almost all aspirations (can't defeat the stupid mother plant!), is working through the careers-maxed about 8 so far, but has only successfully received one degree. This is the second one.  I have to fix this.  I can't start over with a new completionist character. 

Message 29 of 61 (747 Views)

Re: No diploma, can't enroll in more classes

★★★ Apprentice

Wow I thought I didn't recieve the diploma and the photo because I cheated by making my sim complete all the semesters, I just played through the first one, then I changed households to play with my main family but returned to the sim in university once I got the notification of the graduation ceremony. There was no ceremony at all the only thing that happened was that moving out event to get the sim's things and that's it and once she moved out, I didn't get the diploma nor the photo. But I haven't tried re-enrolling her yet.

Message 30 of 61 (701 Views)