Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Game freezes at Graduation

★★ Novice
@NinooLuvs I have the exact same problem
Message 11 of 15 (636 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Game freezes at Graduation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

i had similar happen the night  before graduation, had my game saved at about 6 pm that night, at 7:30 pm the game froze up like others mentioned, sims in the middle of an action kept playing that action even in build mode (one sim was juggling a soccer ball, two others were playing violin) and time wouldn't advance. had to kill from task manager, since couldn't travel or save (tried each one on a different attempt)

i did find a bit of a workaround for it, though. played another household that has nothing to do with university until about 7:45 pm that night (so, a bit under two hours game time) and then swapped back to my uni sim. things worked fine, night went okay, graduation went off without a hitch...then the game did the same freeze up at 3 pm that day, which was not long after i stored all the portable belongings in a chest and placed that chest in my sim's inventory... am no wondering if that was the key, since i did that several times the night before when it locked up. maybe putting a mini fridge full of food inside the chest and then the chest inside inventory... i dunno... 

editing to say that i reloaded the post-graduation save, didn't store anything at all and the game didn't freeze up at 3 pm. i'm now trying a few different things to see if i can replicate the freeze but so  far, my initial guess is it has to do with hungry sims trying to reach the food in a container in the sim's inventory (or in a container in a container in the sim's inventory) and the game not knowing how to handle that

Message 12 of 15 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

For those that this has been a problem, I installed turbodriver's simulation declogger and srslysims simulation lag fixer and both were godsends for sims getting stuck during dumb moments, which i noticed happening a lot after this patch update.  

Message 13 of 15 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods), since updating to the most recent patch?  If so, would you be willing to share these files?

• Affected save files (preferably before the issue occurs)
  • \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\lastCrash.txt (if you have one)
  • \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\lastException.txt (if you have one)
  • \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\lastUIException.txt (if you have one)

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 15 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still seeing this issue we'd really appreciate your save file! Feel free to DM me the link to your save, see Robo's instructions above, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 15 (1,385 Views)