Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Engineering: Work from home task not completing

by Annabel8728

Original Post

Mechanical Engineer. Stay at home task crash engineer course no longer available

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.72.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, island living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, realm of magic, parenthood, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling stuff, movie stuff, vintage glam stuff, patio stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim enter engineer career without going to university work up to the option to choose path ways choose mechanical. Then chose work from home
What happens when the bug occurs? Work from home option is crash engineer course but now due to promotion I can only guest lecture there is no crash class option. Selecting guest lecture does not complete task.
What do you expect to see? I expect stay at home task to match my promotion level or for option to crash class remain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is first time I have done engineer career without studying engineer so I am not sure if anything has changed game wise but I definitely can not complete this task so am going to have to fail it until bug is fixed.

Message 21 of 39 (7,894 Views)

Re: Mechanical Engineer. Stay at home task crash engineer course no longer avail

Hero
@PamelaRachael Merging this with the general Engineering work from home task not working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 39 (7,886 Views)

Re: Mechanical Engineer. Stay at home task crash engineer course no longer avail

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Has there been a resolution? I am having this issue on my ps4. I am on the first level of the engineering career path and can’t work from home as long as practice programming is a task.
Message 23 of 39 (7,463 Views)

Hero
@L_DMommy1217 QA is looking for saves. Instructions for PS4 here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Engineering-Work-from-home-task-not-completing/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 39 (7,444 Views)

★★★ Novice

Screenshots?  How many are needed and from how many users?  I read all of those and someone said they sent saves already. Just curious.  I can send some later. 

Message 25 of 39 (7,431 Views)

Hero
@L_DMommy1217 Guess @SimGuruNick can answer that better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 39 (7,429 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@Wndblwz Were you able to fix this? I have the exact same problem... almost want to switch careers for this
Message 27 of 39 (7,098 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, although I noticed that mostly the dabble task never completes. I finally got it to complete and it did count.

Message 28 of 39 (6,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PamelaRachael  I just recently started experiencing this.

Message 29 of 39 (5,888 Views)

★★ Novice

I was about to hit "me too" as I got no progress indication and the task wouldn't complete.

However after a LONG TIME (at least 3 sim hours) the task completed.

Message 30 of 39 (5,282 Views)