Re: [OPEN] [DU] Computer Engineering: Work from home task not completing

by simplydawn

Original Post

★ Guide

@SimGuruNick 

This isn't just the Computer Engineering field, also the Freelance Crafter career (Bug link below) is having similar issues. This is repeated issue dating from a previous patch where it was repaired around Nov. 2020 but it is back again.

Does this mean you will be looking into what is causing the issue to these careers again and fix the issue soon?

I would like a response from a EA person at this point as it is continually getting broke then patched fixed and broke again.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Freelancer-Crafter-Gigs-Not-Completing/m-p/10639264#M...

Message 31 of 40 (1,287 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruNick Hi! It's been a few years since this was reported, but is it safe to assume that this has not yet been fixed? I'm currently playing an Engineer (lvl 4) & the Practice Programming work-from-home task will not complete no matter how many hours my Sims performs the task. I have a mod installed that lets me right-click to complete it, so I make due by having him program for a few hours & then I manually complete it. Do you still want safe files to review? Thank you. Have a great day!
Message 32 of 40 (1,166 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Looks like this still hasn't been fixed as of 3/23/23. I'm having the same problem with the "practice programming" wfh task not completing or showing progress. It's happened at any level the task was assigned at, multiple times. I have yet to see it work.

Message 33 of 40 (854 Views)

★★ Novice
@Peachiepie7 Hi. I have the same issue, but I do get it to complete if I dedicate myself to it all day. This means keeping the sim selected and on task all day (otherwise he does off to do something else and it never does complete). If I do this, and only if I do this, he completes "practicing" in a little over six hours. That's a bit longer than it takes his partner to write and publish a bestseller (with breaks).
Message 34 of 40 (843 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m currently having the same issue and I’m surprise it’s not fixed considering this issue has apparently been here since 2020 or so. That’s three years.

Message 35 of 40 (785 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, but it seems like there is radio silence from EA now... :-(

Message 36 of 40 (756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having this issue too!!

Message 37 of 40 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

any progress on that ? its been 3 years 

Message 38 of 40 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just figured it out (im on pc btw), you have to go to foxburys university building and then press on the building opposite the water fountains

Message 39 of 40 (456 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Engineering: Work from home task not completing

★ Apprentice

I thought it was one of my mods having issues, but glad to see I'm not the only one. I hate it that I can't get this task complete for my sim's after school club. EA will you ever fix this?

Message 40 of 40 (42 Views)