Re: [OPEN] [DU] Computer Engineering: Work from home task not completing

by simvasion

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 39 (20,660 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I sent you my save file on 4/11/2020. The DM subject is the same as this issue title with (Save five) at the end.

Message 12 of 39 (5,376 Views)

★ Guide

I observed something similar with other, random things (queued actions and tasks) and found briefly opening the build mode 'fixes' this.

Does opening the build mode for a second help here?

Message 13 of 39 (5,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having this same problem on the PS4. SIM is unable to  complete work from home assignments (dabble with circuit boards and test experimental components.) He recently graduated from university and just started this career.  

Message 14 of 39 (5,273 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having same issue. Is there no fix?

Message 15 of 39 (5,185 Views)

Hero
@WaltGrace1967 QA is looking for saves for this one so if you could send yours, that be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 39 (5,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue as Dew30 but on PC. My sim just graduated from university and started his computer engineering career at level 8. I only had a problem with the dabble with circuits boards task for the moment. He would not continue the task to the end and just drop it in the middle, making it impossible to complete.

I tried MeltingPenguins solution (entering Build Mode) and it helped solve it once but I'm not sure this will fix it permanently.

I hope this can help though !

Sarah

Message 17 of 39 (5,109 Views)

Champion

I just encountered this issue with my sim at level 9 of the Computer Engineer branch of the Engineering career. Practicing programming for any length of time would not complete the task.

There seems to be the wrong test type in the tuning file for the objective "objectives_engineer_common_PracticeProgramming".

<T n="display_text">0x220A951E<!--Practice Programming--></T>
  <V n="objective_completion_type" t="iterations" />
  <V n="objective_test" t="ran_interaction_test">
    <U n="ran_interaction_test">
      <L n="affordances">
        <T>31232<!--computer_Programming_Practice--></T>
      </L>
      <V n="running_time" t="enabled">
        <T n="enabled">160</T>
      </V>
      <E n="test_event">InteractionUpdate</E>
    </U>
  </V>
  <T n="relative_to_unlock_moment">True</T>
  <T n="resettable">True</T>
  <T n="tooltip">0x159FCED7<!--Practice Programming at a Computer.--></T>

The objective completion type should be "use_test_result" instead of "iterations":

<V n="objective_completion_type" t="use_test_result" />

Changing that single line of code allows the work from home task to complete as intended after practicing programming for 160 sim minutes (2h 40mins of sim time). I hope that helps you fix it.

Message 18 of 39 (4,997 Views)

Problem with Engineer course

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Engineer career -
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is asked to crash Engineering course. Sim has gone twice to course but has not been acknowledged for going there. i have clicked on Crash Engineering course at Britchester and Sim is gone for hours to the course. But no acknowledgement when Sim returns home
What do you expect to see? Acknowledgement for attending the course
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. had to repair my game as Sims wouldn't interact with computers. got help online and fixed the problem. don't know if it's connected

Sim not acknowledged for crashing engineer course

Message 19 of 39 (4,962 Views)

Re: Problem with Engineer course

Hero
@reneecaer Is that a work from home task ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 39 (4,949 Views)