Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Engineering: Work from home task not completing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim in Computer Engineering career, choose to work from home. Career level 7 work from home assignment: Dabble With Circuit Boards 0/1; Practice Programming 0/1. Perform the required tasks, no progress indicated.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim in Computer Engineering career, choose to work from home. Career level 7 work from home assignment: Dabble With Circuit Boards 0/1; Practice Programming 0/1. Perform the required tasks, no progress indicated.
What do you expect to see? Each assignment to be completed and the Sim to be appropriately compensated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not certain if this is career-specific (don't currently have another Sim in similar circumstances but am willing to create and test)... Computer Engineering, level 7, daily tasks are not being completed although the Sim spent hours on each of two assignments. I'm wondering if the issue is related to having traveled off-lot immediately after completing the assignments the first time. I noticed when my Sim arrived at the new venue, the assignment progress was lost. After returning home, there was no change so I had the Sim do the tasks again. No progress. Unfortunately I'd saved before retrying. Any other occurrences of this issue? I'm going back in to test. 

Message 1 of 39 (16,533 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Computer Engineering: Work from home task not completing

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 11 of 39 (20,648 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Computer Engineering: Work from home task not completing

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue with the entire Engineering career with the Practice Programming work from home assignment. Every time my Sim is given that assignment it doesn't complete no matter how long I have her do it. She can even gain a whole skill point and it still won't be counted as completed. It has happened on almost every level of the career so far and the next workday the message says her boss was disappointed in her work so she doesn't get much performance gain. It has made earning promotions hard and take longer. She's only level 5 at the moment so I don't know about the other assignment task yet.

Message 2 of 39 (16,344 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Computer Engineering: Work from home task not completing

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue. 

Message 3 of 39 (16,281 Views)

Robotics career: practice programming will not tick off as completed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work; get together; city living; cats &dogs; Seasons; get famous; get famous; island living; discover university; outdoor retreat; spa day; dine out; vampires; parenthood; movie hangout; toddler; holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the robotics career, practice programming on the computer
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim gets the task ‘practice programming’ for his career, it can not be ticked off or completed. The only time it will tick off is when I went to the gaming festival (forgot the name) and practice programming there. I’ve tried several cps, practicing for longer times (I tried up to 10 Sim hrs) and lots to no avail.
What do you expect to see? The career task to tick off as completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don’t know what to put here

Message 4 of 39 (15,746 Views)

Re: Robotics career: practice programming will not tick off as completed

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please enter your current  game version ? 

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Do you mean the engineering career ? Which level has that task ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (15,743 Views)

Hero
@LISSDEVLIN Do you mean the engineering career ? Which level has that task ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 39 (15,710 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Whoops, yes sorry! He is currently level 10, however he has been promoted since the errors 1st occurrence.
Message 7 of 39 (15,689 Views)

Hero
@LISSDEVLIN I'm trying to test this. Which was the first level you got this at ? Is it only in one of the branches ? Is it a daily task or work from home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 39 (15,673 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I’m not sure what lvl it first appears on, but it has happened every time I get that task regardless of the lvl.
All other tasks and careers that I have had run fine, it’s just this one.

I picked the ‘computer engineer’ path.
Message 9 of 39 (15,653 Views)

Hero
@LISSDEVLIN Actually found an existing report for this

Merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 39 (15,643 Views)