Re: [OPEN] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing into a pile of rubbish

by silver_doe94

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing after a few days into a pile of rubb

★ Guide
@Yurnz You must do it before it becomes a pile of scrap.
Message 11 of 41 (2,458 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing after a few days into a pile of rubb

★ Guide

I have this issue too, but I have a PC not a Mac if that makes any difference.
It seems like whenever I go into my current family one of my utility bots is missing. Mine are not always turning into trash piles though. Mine are just vanishing. My level 10 bots should not turn to piles of trash.

Suggestion: One of the enhancements that they should have on them is water resistance and it shouldn't be a one time enhancement. It should improve with higher level enhancements.

It's making me wonder if the alien sims are taking them to study them but they don't return them because they don't know how to put them back together or something.

Message 12 of 41 (2,366 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@208974618 I've had bots since the package became available. Enhanced all of them to 10 over time. Played with them for months after that with zero problems. Repaired them if I saw they were broken but only if I saw them. Now all my bots are self-destructing. All that work enhancing them and tuning them up is gone in a flash. So frustrating.

Not only that, but I built a brand new house on an empty lot and when I moved my Sims in, there was a cleaning bot flying around that another Sim made. Not a member of that household or anyone who had previously lived on that lot, but a member of a household they don't even know.

I just wonder why I never had a bot explode but suddenly have all but one self-destruct at the same time after the latest update/Eco Living. The latest one that exploded had just been enhanced and tuned up the night before. So not neglected. It's already annoying enough that Level 10 Robotics Sims still hit themselves in the head with the tools four times per enhancement, now all that work and pain was for nothing? Not a fan of this.
Message 13 of 41 (2,277 Views)

★ Guide

I know this doesn't help with the problem, and I have had the problem too. My bots have disappeared a lot. I have saved a couple rooms in the gallery for download that might at least prevent you from having to constantly rebuild bots, chips and mechanisms. I have one room with one of every kind of bot in it, when I saved the room they were at level ten but if you download it they go down to level one. One room is called "Botmakers salvation" because I had a sim die with about a hundred chips and a hundred mechanisms in their inventory. When they died the items moved to the inventory in build/buy I put them in a room and now you can just buy them and put them in your inventory. 

I also have a household uploaded called the Bots. It's 7 servos each at upgrade level 10 and they have fulfilled enough aspirations and skills to level 10 to be a great domestic help/nanny. (plus one of the bots had an alien baby so she is part of the family too.)

Message 14 of 41 (2,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

last I checked, the utility bots could only get to level 9 for me

now they are randomly gaining upgrade levels and then eventually (without even breaking down) turning into piles of scrap.

I don't think they are supposed to do that because 1: I never had this problem before the eco lifestyle update. 2:the scrap pile has servo parts, not utility bot parts (I think the game is treating them like servos by making the durability bar depleting having deadly consequences)

but they were randomly going level 10 as far as I remember, at level 7, the durability bar freezes.

they didn't even need to fall to the ground, after a while I just see them suddenly turn into scrap.

Worked for hours getting all those bots, I don't want to lose all of that hard work.Disappointed

Message 15 of 41 (2,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Jimthehobo1 I've given up. All the replacement ones I built self-destructed in one session of gameplay. I'm not building any more until they fix the problem. I would suggest you put all your bots in your inventory until the problem is fixed so you don't lose all of them. I'm assuming they can't self-destruct while in your inventory.

@Reekyteek Thank you. That's very nice. But I'm just going to live without bots until they do something to fix the problem.

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 16 of 41 (2,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this weirdness after the eco update as well...

The utility bots keep constantly gaining upgrade levels while they are turned on, all the way up to level 10... and after a day or two they turn into scrap. At this point their durability doesn't deplete at all, so it can't be the reason for them to explode. Also, for some reason, every bot placed in the world self-destructs at the same time regardless of their upgrade level or whether they are turned on or off.

The only way to protect the bots is to keep them in a sim's inventory.

Message 17 of 41 (2,142 Views)

cleaner, fixer & gardening bots turn to scrap when you swap households

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? buy a utili-bot from a retail store
What happens when the bug occurs? the robot works good while playing that lot, but return to that lot after playing a different household and the utili-bot is a pile of scrap
What do you expect to see? occasionally a robot might become broken but it shouldn't happen every single time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

there's not much more to add, other than it's as frustrating as the dirty dog glitch was when swapping households. 

Message 18 of 41 (2,069 Views)

Re: Cleaner Bots disappearing after a few days into a pile of rubbish??

★ Novice
@CGrant56 I would even be happy if the game just gave me a message that the robot broke. I have a full household and a big house, I can't have an eye on the utilibot all the time.
Message 19 of 41 (1,983 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing into a pile of rubbish

★★★★ Apprentice

I recently noticed this for the first time with a bot that I never even used. Had it for sale in my retail shop for a while, said it was at 100% battery and everything the whole time. Then all of a sudden it was a pile of dirt. Never seen this before so I thought someone blew it up or something. 😅

Message 20 of 41 (1,844 Views)