Re: [OPEN] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing into a pile of rubbish

by Jimthehobo1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

So yeah, my cleaner bot had turned into a pile of scrap, not exactly sure when but I know it was not broken. My sim lives in an apartment and the bot was just sitting in her living room.

And what are these upgrade levels even supposed to be? I don't know much about them and this was my sim's first bot. It was levelling up by itself? I'm not sure what was its upgrade level when it was finished and at some point I saw the upgrade level is 9 and some time later it was level 10 but I don't know how. I did once use the tune up interaction which makes the durability and battery score go to 100%. Will it upgrade it too? I was waiting to see what interactions I will have available when it runs out of battery but the thing turned into a scrap pile before I had the chance to find out. Its battery level was about 40% when I last deactivated it before it turned into dust. Frown

edit: additional information, I made a new bot and its battery levels are working inconsistently. I'm still wanting to see what options I have when it runs out of battery. The battery level is bouncing around between 4-5 % when I hover on it with my mouse to see its stats. It's been activated for the whole day and I find it odd that it can go down to 4,99% battery and then shoot to 5,93% next time I look at it.

Message 31 of 41 (863 Views)

★ Guide

Well, returned to the game recently, made a new save game because it has been a while. Now I have a single utili bot, a cleaning one, who'll happily zoom along but not recharge itself, and sometimes when I put it on the engineering workstation it disappears but it's also still there. When I move the workstation to family bin, the utili bot also appears in there. It keeps throwing Last Exception Errors in my save, but I do have MCCC running so maybe that makes a difference. Also it gained random upgrade levels like other players described.

I can redo this without mods for if saves are still needed, but seeing that request is from a year ago, I sort of doubt it?

Message 32 of 41 (818 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have the same problem and with the Garderner Bot too.

The bot was just watering plants and suddenly became a dust/rubish pile.

Another thing not related but...why bots take an eternity to do anything? Is this just me? 

To water 1 single plant, it takes 20% of its battery. Disgusting.

Tested with and without mods, same result.

Message 33 of 41 (805 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure I know how the bug works, as soon as you create the bot, it works as it's supposed to, but as soon as you leave the lot, (go to another lot, exit the game etc.) it will enter a glitched state where it will start gaining upgrade levels automatically then turn into a servo rubbish pile I have a feeling the utility bot code gets somehow mixed up with servo code cause servos turn into rubbish when the durability need empties and gain the right to be upgraded automatically. utility bot levels are supposed to slow the decay of durability and battery especially at level 8 where durability stops decaying at all. I like the normal system where it has to stop to recharge and you have to repair it when durability runs out, because you don't have to worry about manually having to make sims clean  or repair stuff, it just gets repaired automatically, in fact, that's why I got the expansion in the first place, what bugs me is you have to invest so much into it then it is permanently destroyed as soon as you decide to turn the game off, I hope the bug is fixed ASAP, I really want to have a lot that consists of all breakables, ghosts breaking them, and repair/cleaner bots fixing them (the bug is very easy to replicate, create a utility bot, maybe upgrade it once or twice, then exit the lot and come back, all bots will bug then be destroyed)

Message 34 of 41 (686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

small update, I made a cleaner bot enhanced it to level 10 in one session and it turned into rubbish, I think it has something to do with upgrade level 10

Message 35 of 41 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

another update, I did not upgrade several utility bots left the game and came back (due to a bug with the action queue) and they all levelled up to level 10 and did not break

Message 36 of 41 (653 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Jimthehobo1 another late update, the bots ended up breaking
Message 37 of 41 (607 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I don't have any save files that I know how to send you. I'm on the Xbox one. It happened there too. Had it on my PC before my PC broke and it happened there too. It happened to every one that plays the game. Not that hard to reproduce the issue, just you know, play the game..... If y'alls dev team are not on normal pcs or Xboxes well theres the biggest of all issues right there. Any how.. the entire as in all of the core scripts and functions of the utility bots needs to be removed, reworked to remove the "turns into a pile of junk" mechanism, because that idea was a super duper stupid one to begin with, and replace it with "sits nicely on the ground where it broke down until it gets fixed" mechanism. There ya go, no save file needed, just do as your told and tada. Really?

Message 38 of 41 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Jumping on the bandwagon to say that this is happening to me as well. Almost 3 years after the thread opened. I've tried different levels of enhancement, and I don't have them wandering around. I'm just trying to collect them so they're sitting and it still happens, when they should be off. I'm on PC and can send the save file, but considering this is a chronic issue it seems like the moderators just don't want to take 20 minutes to do it themselves.

Edited to add I don't use mods and it's happening to all 4 types.

Message 39 of 41 (488 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing into a pile of rubbish

★★ Pro

About the speed of how fast these things turn into rubbish piles.. I had the bot still cleaning around midnight. I was hoping it would eventually figure out how to clean up that pile of cat hair in a totally accessible place so I just left it running. I kinda forgot about it as my sim went to sleep. Now it's 8:24 AM and the bot has turned into a pile of trash. The cat hair is still on the floor btw. I didn't catch it happen so I don't even know if it broke down or ran out of battery or both but it is utterly ridiculous that it would vanish into a pile of rubbish in just 8 hours or less! >Frown

Seeing how long it takes to create a new one, these bots are basically unplayable! And they don't even clean!

Message 40 of 41 (422 Views)