by sweetestopzz

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

★★ Novice

Yay! This helped, thank you!!!

Message 41 of 73 (5,318 Views)

★★★ Novice
@susieoneil OMG OMG OMG YOU FIXED IT!!! I HAVEN'T HAD ONE GAME OF UNI WITHOUT THIS GLITCH!!! I LOVE YOU
Message 42 of 73 (5,250 Views)

Sim can't go into build mode or mange worlds because other Sim is "Packing up"

★★★★★ Novice

I believe this is a bug. My Sim is currently enrolled in university and is pregnant. I wanted to enter build mode and put down a toddler bed with the cheat "bb.enablefreebuildmode." But I can' enter build mode because it says that I can't do this while a Sim is packing up/moving out. My Sim isn't moving out and this has been going on for several Sim days, so if another Sim in the dorm was moving out they would already be done. I want to restart my game but it said that I can't currently save my progress because a Sim is moving out... and I've been playing for about three hours now without saving and have made a lot of progress. Now, after three Sim days: my build mode option and manage world option is completely gone and there is only the gallery button left. It has been over a week in the Sims and this moving out this is still happening. Does anyone know what I can do? I don't think that restarting the game is an option because I really don't want to restart my whole gameplay. Thank you. 

Message 43 of 73 (5,248 Views)

Re: Sim can't go into build mode or mange worlds because other Sim is "Pack

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: Nothing was working so after researching other people's fixes for this I decided to withdraw from the term and now it's glitching to where I'm not stuck in packing up mode and it's an endless loop. I'm now packing up for the ninth time and it still won't let me move out. Please help!

Message 44 of 73 (5,233 Views)

Re: Sim can't go into build mode or mange worlds because other Sim is "Pack

Hero
@MerakiElle I merged your post with current bug report on this.

There's a few suggestions in this thread that might help you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 73 (5,189 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

★★★ Newbie

I think the only “fix” to this is just finishing the term. Right now I’m in the same problem. I cannot move out, I can’t save my game, I can’t click on the home button to tell my sim to go home after class, none of that. I have two sims. I ran into this problem after I added a sim to my household. I immediately enrolled him in foxbury university. He has 5 term days left. And she has 2 term days left. Once their term days end I’m gonna move them off campus. It should work like that^ if not... then idk what to tell ya.

Message 46 of 73 (5,162 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I sadly just had to exit the game and lost all of my progress. I hope they fix this glitch soon. 

Message 47 of 73 (5,151 Views)

★ Novice
@susieoneil It helped me so much. That was happening to me for an hour then i searched it up and this helped Standard smile
Message 48 of 73 (5,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still experiencing this issue it'd be great if you could share a save file where you've seen it occur. It's awesome that a workaround is available that seems to be working for people, but we'd still love to fix the root cause. Feel free to DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 49 of 73 (39,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@maeve3107 and everyone having this issue! I couldn't save at all after I accidentally added a random sim to my family, I removed her and the game glitched still thinking she was 'moving'! If you PLAY OUT UNTIL GRADUATION and then ATTEND THE GRADUATION CEREMONY it will RESET and LET YOU SAVE ETC! Hope this helps you guys!!!! 

(CM: Reversed edit - wrong post Standard smile )

Message 50 of 73 (4,706 Views)