Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

by kora_no_hoshi

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

★★ Novice
@crinrictMaeve3107 It happened to me when I finished the first term and wanted to start another one. I decided to change dorms and that’s when it started. I haven’t done anything and I was hoping to wait until my sim finishes this one o graduates 😥
Message 21 of 73 (9,376 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

★★★ Novice
@kerianmayranis This is what happened with me, but I was in the middle of a lecture when it switched over.
Message 22 of 73 (9,360 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this won’t help everyone but this error was happening to me and after some time searching for a way out....

The glimmerbrooke Stone in your inventory will travel sim to the magic realm and override the “event” of moving out. This allowed me to go to manage worlds and save the game play.  

I know this only will help a few people but after 3 hours playing I was so glad I found a way to save. 

After going back into my dorm household the issue was resolved. 

Message 23 of 73 (9,342 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Stuck in a loop of Pack Up/Move Out

★★★ Newbie
@MoonMoonManning This happened to me, but it cleared once the sim graduated... It forced her to go to the commons. But then the sim's job panel still said graduated, no more courses to take- & IDK if it's supposed to change, but the transition back from Uni didn't feel smooth.
Message 24 of 73 (9,301 Views)

Re: Can't move out of dorm

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, and the only thing that stopped the timer from coming back was to have my sim drop out of school which and unfortunately she lost her credits.

Message 25 of 73 (9,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

**FIX** possibly?

My daughter made a new character, moved him into Strangerville then enrolled him in University.  He moved to the dorm and completed the first term, then enrolled in a second term.  About half way through the term he made a robot in the commons building.  After they returned to the dorm, it said the robot had to leave as he was not enrolled. 

The packing up event began, so she decided to enrol the robot in university.  He began the term and the event interface went away but the game still acted like an event was active (no saving, travelling, CAS, etc.)  She dis-enrolled him and the event popped up and kept repeating and they were both unable to leave the lot. 

She tried to join a club and start an event on a different lot, but that event forced itself to the home lot/dorm and didn't stop the other event.  She then removed the robot from the family, which did allow the robot to leave but the packing event was still active for the first guy.  Lastly, she went to the calendar and started a dance party on another lot.  This did work and appears to have fixed the problem.  Of course the remaining guy was still enrolled (not leaving) so this might not work for all situations.

Message 26 of 73 (23,023 Views)

Packing up and moving on out bug

★★ Novice

Hello,

I recently purchased the Sims 4 university pack from origin for my pc. My sim was moving out and got the Packing up and moving on out time to pack her stuff up. When the timer ended and it was time to move it just repeated over and over. I cannot restart sims because I have been playing for a while and don't want to loose my progress as you cannot save whilst an event is going on. I'm very unhappy with this bug.

If you have any solutions please let me know, 

Thank you

Message 27 of 73 (9,088 Views)

@Sastaafire  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too and add any other relevant info.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 28 of 73 (9,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrictMaeve3107 So I made a temporary fix till EA resolves this bug. So right before my sims end their term after they have taken all their exams I save FIRST. Then right after they finish before the sims receive their term grade I use the cheat to change the Lot Type. Since the facility is “University Housing” I used cheat “bb.enablefreebuild” Then I go into Build Mode. Select Lot Info Panel and change the lot to Residential. Once I’m under Residential once my sims selects another move to another dorm/university when the Packing/Moving Process starts I was successfully about to move out because the lot was Residential.
So now I changed all my University Housing into Residential. Because getting this repeated bug and unable to save was absolutely agonizing because of all the unsaved play.

Message 29 of 73 (9,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This worked for me!!

After the second term I wanted to change universities but was stuck in the loop: having seasons installed, I selected the calendar and scheduled a party on another lot.

While the loop was going on, the other event started and my sims went there but there was nothing.

The lesson in the new uni started but my sim went back to her old dorm: I closed the packing event with the X and I was able to move in my sim in the new dorm!!

Hope this helps someone having the same issue Standard smile 

Message 30 of 73 (8,971 Views)