Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, dine out and spa day laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden and perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim need to move out of the dorms because they are pregnant, not enrolled or just graduated.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get a message that you need to move out of the dorms and a timer starts. The timer for 'packing up moving out' ends and then you get the message again and the timer starts all over again and you are stuck on the lot as all other options are greyed out and you can't manually move houses via phone or computer.
What do you expect to see? The timer end and the moving out screen load.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I bought and downloaded Discover university.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 73 (49,917 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still experiencing this issue it'd be great if you could share a save file where you've seen it occur. It's awesome that a workaround is available that seems to be working for people, but we'd still love to fix the root cause. Feel free to DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 49 of 73 (39,036 Views)

All Replies

Changing housing issue

★★★ Novice

I’m playing University on my pc and I’ve had an issue where my sim was living in a house in the new world but after the term my sim wanted to move in the dorms. When I was trying to leave his house I got an event telling me I had time to pack up. I packed my sims things and once the event was over it started all over again!! I canceled the event but it just restarted. The worse part was I couldn’t save and I had forgotten to save before so I had to reenroll in Uni and redo the whole term. 

Message 1 of 73 (49,699 Views)

Re: Can't move out of dorm

★★★ Novice

this is happening to me too! someone please help, it wont let me save the game at all

Message 3 of 73 (49,803 Views)

★★ Novice
@maeve3107 someone please help!!!! i'm terrible at remembering to save so if i don't get help soon i'm probably going to lose so so so so so much progress.... Frown
Message 4 of 73 (49,790 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive also just found myself stuck! My sims I think are on their 7th round of this timer happening? I don't know if dropping out of University entirely will fix it but I really would prefer not to resort to that for. Obvious reasons. Ive already completed a term and had to have one of my sims quit their job for it and having that all be for nothing would really suck massively. Hope there's a quick and easy fix !!!

Message 5 of 73 (49,756 Views)

Discover University keeps me stuck in an event

★★ Novice

My sims are stuck on campus. Everytime I choose that they enroll for the second term it asks me if I want to change house, the first time I did and it just kept popping up the dialog to pack up and move. Even when my sims had packed up and the timer ran out, the same dialog would just pop up repeatedly even through the next sim day. When I closed the game and reopened it, I chose the same housing option but when I try to send my sims to the commons or to travel to any new lot, it says that you can't do this while sims are moving to new housing, or something along those lines. How can I fix this? 

Message 6 of 73 (49,698 Views)

★★★ Novice

dropping out doesnt work, it just keeps resetting the "pack up and move out" screen :/

Message 7 of 73 (49,709 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't move out of dorm

[ Edited ]

@KellySm1999 and @larey9912  I've merged your posts into the bug report for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too and add any info you think is relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 73 (49,674 Views)

Sims 4 Discover University Stuck in a loop of Pack Up/Move Out

★★ Novice

My Sim dropped out of college, meaning the game told her to pack up before she moves out. It started the event and when it finished, it said it was time to move out. It then immediately started the pack up event again. Since there is always an event happening my sim cannot go anywhere and many actions are limited. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

Message 9 of 73 (49,644 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Stuck in a loop of Pack Up/Move Out

★★★ Newbie

Hi, did you already solved your problem? I have the same problem with you, please let me know if you already solved it. Thanks! 

Message 10 of 73 (49,583 Views)