[OPEN] [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (1.72)

by shaunaw44

Original Post

Re: Are restaurants Broken?

★★★ Apprentice

I agree r dine out it’s a nightmare to use at moment. Did anyone come up with workaround to get them to at least relax and stay at table during meal?

Message 21 of 41 (1,506 Views)

★★ Guide

My sims sit down most of the time, but can easily get up and talk to others. When there's finally food, the sim that joined my sim for dinner won't actually eat their food, not even the drink. <_> It's so disappointing.

Message 22 of 41 (1,489 Views)

Sims won’t stay in seats in restaurant at all

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 08.151
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Country living, snowy escape, get famous, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, seasons, cats&dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, toddler, fitness, romantic garden, perfect pario
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing as a restaurant owner.
What happens when the bug occurs? occurs? Customers get up almost immediately after being seated to exercise or play with clay, then quickly get frustrated and give low rating making it impossible to get better ratings. It literally happens with every single party that is seated without fail.
What do you expect to see? Customers that stay in their seat for the most part
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When playing as a restaurant owner customers refuse to stay seated (get up mostly to exercise or play with clay, sometimes to approve of furniture). It is impossible to serve them and they get frustrated about service times but they don’t stay seated long enough to have their order taken or eat it.

Message 23 of 41 (1,483 Views)

Re: Sims won’t stay in seats in restaurant at all

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BexBex94 Does the neighborhood that the restaurant is in have any NAPs ? I forget which one is the clay one. You might want to remove the NAP from the hood if so.

I also merged this with another thread of Sims not staying seated. EA is looking for saves so could you send yours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 41 (1,456 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you!!!! I thought it was just me.

Message 25 of 41 (1,345 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (1

★ Guide

I will try sharing my save file tomorrow but I was just testing out restaurants with the latest patch and I usually play with mods that fix it so I wanted to try it without mods. The sims seem to like to gather in the bathroom for some reason. I also noticed that they will gather at the front and dance. I think maybe tuning down the autonomy for sims to dance in restaurants would be nice. And with how weddings work now with mws I think it would be nice if the npcs in restaurants would behave the same way and stay in their seats and not get up and do anything autonomously other than talking to the people at their table. 

Message 26 of 41 (1,231 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (1

not even mods can keep the sims seated and eating. They grab the food and go somewhere with it and then leave it unfinished.

Message 27 of 41 (1,053 Views)

Re: Sims won’t stay in seats in restaurant at all

NAPs make the problem even worse, because the sims do more autonomous actions and leave their seats even faster. The worst NAPs are the Foodies Unite, which make them leave their seats to start cooking, but they abandon the food unprepared, the Rock Your Body (and Mind), so they leave the seats to do push-ups or sit-ups, and the Sharing is Caring, because they swipe things all the time. But the other NAPs also make them leave their tables to try other interactions, like the romantic socials for Free Love.

Maybe it's related to the multi-action autonomy of sims 4? Because sometimes they go back to the table, get their food and go back to where they where to finish an interaction, like watch TV or dance, or finish a social interaction to a distant sim. An idea would be to change the autonomy when seated to do nothing else unless it's food related so it would be more like the sims 1 and the sims could only wait for their food and talk. Maybe mark the interaction as a high priority so no other could interrupt it? The restaurant lot is not a location to have so much autonomy!

Message 28 of 41 (999 Views)

★★ Guide
@shaunaw44 This happens to me too quite a few times, especially if there are like 4 or more than 4 sims sitting on the table. The sims who keep standing up are also usually those who are not in my household but are eating with my sims.
Message 29 of 41 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't played with the pack for years now, shocking to see that it's still not fixed. It's okay for the most part now, foods are delivered, BUT customers won't stay seated, they leave to do many other things other than staying seated. I manage a restaurant and sometimes customers won't leave because their foods stay on their table waiting to be eaten. 

Message 30 of 41 (929 Views)