Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (Patch 1.

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (1.72)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1.assets.ml-ep03.272
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs City Living Discover University Get Famous Get to Work Get Together Island Living Seasons Snowy Escape Dine Out Outdoor Retreat Parenthood Spa day Laundry Day Moschino Movie Hangout Nifty Knitting Romantic Garden Tiny Living Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in a restaurant setting
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims (including customers) will not sit down and eat their food. They keep getting up, speaking to other Sims, clapping and celebrating other Sims (not even celebrity Sims). The restaurant gets very crowded and it can be really difficult and frustrating to play with. Also, when dining out with other Sims, unless prompted to do so, the Sims may not eat their meal and might only drink their drink.
What do you expect to see? Sims standing around holding their food and keep getting up. They will not stay seated.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims (including customers) will not sit down and eat their food. They keep getting up, speaking to other Sims, clapping and celebrating other Sims (not even celebrity Sims). The restaurant gets very crowded and it can be really difficult and frustrating to play with. Also, when dining out with other Sims, unless prompted to do so, the Sims may not eat their meal and might only drink their drink.

I have tried to see if it is a Mod/CC issue and it isn't. It happens regardless of whether Mods and CC are installed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 41 (10,777 Views)

Re: Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this issue too. It's annoying to force my sims to clean up the un-finished food because the waiters don't do it. Disappointed

Some sims just outright leave, with no warning, then their food comes, but vanishes.

Message 2 of 41 (10,745 Views)

★ Guide

I have had this problem for many months, I installed a mod to solve it, every so often I try to remove it, but without the mod the problem returns, the sims in restaurants stop eating when they have drunk their drink, in addition to how annoying it is that all the time they get up, talk to the sims of the tables that are around, etc ...

Message 3 of 41 (10,700 Views)

Sims would get up from restaurant seat to interact with employees or others

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except throwback fit and country kitchen kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play as an owner of a restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? Customers would always get up from their seats to interact with other sims, especially if there is an eco living action active such as rough housing.
What do you expect to see? Sit and eat for once in their lives and not interact with others for goodness sakes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the customers in the resto would always try to talk to other sims other than the ones they would eat with, especially the employees, and with rough housing, the sims would even go and kiss the employees for no apparent reason...

Message 4 of 41 (10,601 Views)

Re: [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (Patch 1.72)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue as well. I'm starting my restaurant in the snow season so everyone was getting up to either build a snow pal, shovel snow or make a snow angel. Thankfully the MCCC mod helped me disable that autonomy. However, every time I take away an autonomous action that people are doing EXCESSIVELY, they start a new one. It went from snow to browsing the web (i could care less about this one if they were actually sitting down), to playing games, to practicing speech, and now, every single person gets up to view wall art. I don't want to remove my wall art, as it helps my restaurant. I even removed the speakers because everyone was getting up to dance. This is so aggravating. I don't care if sims do an autonomous action here and there, but constantly? It's driving me insane and it's reminding me why I don't own restaurants anymore. Broken heart

Message 5 of 41 (10,530 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which mod do you use to fix this issue? I've tried a couple but some don't solve the issue and others cause other bugs. 

Message 6 of 41 (10,458 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same issue, I wish they would stay sit and eat their meals while having a nice conversation. Instead they seem to be more interested in talking to random nobody Sims, getting up and walking around for no reason... Is this going to be addressed any year now? Otherwise I would also be interested if there is a mod that fixes this. I know we should not talk about mods, but I need a workaround for this and it seems EA has no interest in fixing it. 

Message 7 of 41 (10,330 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims won't stay seated and eat full meal at restaurant (Patch 1.

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 41 (10,224 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick
Hi there- I was going to DM you the link to my most recent save file, but it looks like I don't have permission. May I include the link in a reply? I don't know if there's rules against that
Message 9 of 41 (10,134 Views)

Community Manager
@AlyssumVeil Hey there, it's totally fine to post the link directly in the thread, but keep privacy reasons in mind since everyone will have access to it Wink

Mari.png

Message 10 of 41 (10,128 Views)