[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Sims obsessively view decor they like/dislike

by simshane1234

Original Post

Re: Sim stops actions to look at decor they like

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for merging my report, this is helpful. I’m very new to the forum, so where might I find the solution post with the outlined information for passing on my save?

Thanks for your help!

Message 31 of 43 (712 Views)

Hero
@Milly_Jade_ I don't think there's a solution to this issue but sending your save to EA helps them repro the issue and fix it for good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 43 (701 Views)

★ Guide

My issues are on console so I can’t contribute a save, but one of the things I notice the most is Sims dropping the cooking animations at the stove specifically to go look at decor, even from another room. I don’t know if anyone else would be able to recreate this. I’ve also noticed it’s worse the more likes and dislikes you have in that furniture category. 

Message 33 of 43 (692 Views)

Re: Corner Obsession

★★★ Novice

I'm still experiencing this, but it's not expressly the corner. My Sim will stop an action, like writing a book (they have the writer aspiration). Then they will go upstairs and view island decor (which is one of their likes). My husband sim doesn't do it because he doesn't have furniture/decor likes, but the wife and father-in-law sims do and exhibit the behavior. The father-in-law sim (husband's sim) was created after the fact through CAS because i wanted to see if i could replicate the issue. The action of going to another room isn't one that can be stopped like when sims randomly go look at the Potty Mouth 2.0 toilet and when you hover over the action it says "cool thing is cool" and you can stop them from going to look at the toilet. 

Going to PM you my save.

Message 34 of 43 (631 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Sims obsessively view decor they like/dislike

★★★★★ Novice

I think decor likes and dislikes needs an on/off toggle because it's extremely disruptive, annoying and makes zero sense to the normal flow of game play.

I play the game on full autonomy and at times I'll direct a sim to do something that really needs to be done. Otherwise, I let my sims go crazy.  Recently I directed a sim to give her toddler a bath. The bath tub in the house is upstairs, so getting the toddler upstairs and into the tub in itself is a big task at times. My sim walks upstairs with the toddler and at the top of the stairs sets the toddler down, walks back downstairs, goes into a bathroom and applauds the sink because apparently it's a style of decor she is absolutely fanatical about. ????!!!!. This is not fun game play. It's infuriating. I'm also experiencing a lot of sims getting stressed out over some decor when they visit. Father winter as well. Apparently my choice of tree was not good. I'm seriously considering uninstalling the game permanantly. It's just not fun anymore with the decor nonsense. 

Message 35 of 43 (611 Views)

★ Apprentice

My issue is sims getting so upset about disliked decor. The bartenders will literally stop working to go complain.

Message 36 of 43 (584 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 43 (539 Views)

Sims will randomly drop actions to go admire or dislike decor

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except JTB and a couple of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a household, give the sims some likes & dislikes in decor. Play the household, especially skill building activities.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims in the household will drop actions in their queue to go admire or dislike decor in the house. It happens repeatedly until they've been able to like or dislike the object. It's especially annoying when they're skill building, like painting, and they will stop painting to go like or dislike a random piece of furniture or a light.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to finish doing what I've set up in their action queues. If they're going to like or dislike objects, it should be an idle interaction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been having this issue a lot whenever I give my sims likes and dislikes in decor styles. They'll drop everything in their queue to go like a random table, or a light. And if I have them start the action I had them doing, like a painting, they'll drop it again within seconds to go like the decor. It's to the point where I don't usually give them likes or dislikes in decor, but it's necessary lately with an interior decorator sim I've been playing. I'm not sure what else I can do to make this stop.

Message 38 of 43 (545 Views)

Re: Sims will randomly drop actions to go admire or dislike decor

★ Guide

Unfortunately that's just the Sims 4, and it's horrible autonomy. Not sure if you want to use mods or not(you really shouldn't have too honestly...). There are mods for better autonomy for specific things(makes the autonomy less likely). Be warned though... Those kinda tuning mods tend to break with new game patches depending on the tuning file being changed.

Message 39 of 43 (503 Views)

Re: Sims will randomly drop actions to go admire or dislike decor

EA Sims Team

Hello @Cabelle1863 and @Apexsimmer1009 ,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

Message 40 of 43 (452 Views)