[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Sims obsessively view decor they like/dislike

by simshane1234

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Sims obsessively view decor they like/dislike

★★★ Guide

I play without mods and just experienced something like this. My sim that had decor preferences, went to work as normal. I got this pop-up notification about being sure if I wanted my sim to miss work. I was confused as I never instructed him to leave early, so I clicked no (which did nothing as he still left work early). Why did he leave work early? To admire the sink in the basement bathroom. I could tolerate when he was sleeping or doing other things, but now I can't send him back to work. I remember now why I have avoided the decor likes/dislikes.

Message 21 of 43 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I had this too in my vanilla game, and my sims love it to cancel hacking/Education Task on computer to admire his lamp/fridge etc.

Netless to say I removed all likes and dislikes deco from all my vanilla sims again.

Message 22 of 43 (770 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah its still happening, I just forgot about it because I was making sure no sims would have the decor likes/dislikes but I stumbled upon some sims I had created with decor likes and dislikes and just remembered that it still happen.

Message 23 of 43 (721 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes! My Sims CONSTANTLY wake up in the middle of the night to praise their furniture. This has been happening for me since the DHD pack came out.

Message 24 of 43 (677 Views)

★ Guide

Just wanted to reply that this is definitely still happening. Even NOC Sims like caterers and bartenders will stop what they’re doing to go view decor and react. They mostly do not return to the task. My played Sims will stop eating, doing activities, studying and more once in a while as well and not return to the task or finish tasks in the task bar. 

Message 25 of 43 (603 Views)

★★ Apprentice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XoNTYcWpIICO25JC8XugoHGGA_h0QPWy/view?usp=sharing

my sim keeps dropping the task at hand to appreciate a piece of wall decoration in the kitchen. i always play with autonomy off and avoiding this kind of terrible programming is the exact reason.

ALL DLC except for bust the dust, carnival streetwear, and journey to batuu

Cheers

Message 26 of 43 (553 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously express décor likes and dislikes when autonomy is off

★★★ Pro

If you are a vanilla player / console player and really want like and dislike in décor for the buffs I found a work a round. If you have a long task as work task or hacking just queue something else in your queue (as view painting, surf simpedia) As long your queue has other things in there your sim will never cancel your action to admire the deco.

They should only allow to admire the deco if the queue is empty and your sims just stand still for 10-15 sim minute, this would completely purge this annoying behaviour and the player could still have his favourite deco like/dislike. (I like the little buffs which you got; I just don’t like it if my sims cancel my actions for it, specially not if it is a long task which don’t save progress)

Message 27 of 43 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What I've noticed about this behaviour is that the Sim who you control doesn't have an action you can cancel so there is no way to stop them from doing it other than forcing them to reset

Message 28 of 43 (512 Views)

Sim stops actions to look at decor they like

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Island Living and Eco Lifestyle, all game packs except Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, and Batuu, about half of the stuff packs (can list later if needed), and no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs in my game during everyday actions such as eating or doing university homework.
What happens when the bug occurs? In my game sims will often go to a different room (sometimes even a different floor) to admire decor that they like during the above actions and I can’t cancel the decor interaction.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to complete everyday actions uninterrupted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Noticed the bug after the recent update. I also installed several packs around the same time - Cottage Living, Spa Day, Tiny Living, and Wedding Stories, though I don’t think they’ve caused the bug.

Hope I can get some help sorting this, so my sims can eat and complete other tasks without the allure of their favourite decor distracting them!

Message 29 of 43 (457 Views)

Re: Sim stops actions to look at decor they like

Hero
@Milly_Jade_ I merged your post with the main thread on this. Could you please send your save to EA as asked in the solution post.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 43 (440 Views)