Dream home decorator Gig Reveal videos don't play

by Riisanee

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Reveal Slideshows Stop Working (Reveal itself works)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the interior designer career past a certain point (?)
What happens when the bug occurs? The reveal slideshows have stopped during the reveal event.
What do you expect to see? The same slideshow from earlier in the career
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Reveal slideshow has stopped happening. I still choose the before and after photos and the rest of the event will play out. This is a brand new save for testing. Sim has level 10 photography at this point, and is at level 5 of the career.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 10 (2,414 Views)

Re: Reveal Slideshows Stop Working

Hero
@tilia2 So you get the complete reveal just not the slideshow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,391 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That is correct. But only in this save file. If you look at my other posts, you will see that in the legacy save file, the reveal event doesn't happen at all.

Message 3 of 10 (2,348 Views)

Hero
@tilia2 Yeah, just noticed you're OP for the other thread as well. Just trying to keep separate :D

Could you send me your save for this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,313 Views)

Re: [DHD] Reveal Slideshows Stop Working (Reveal itself works)

★★★ Guide

For me, this turned out to be a custom career that changed degree rewards (jumped levels if you had a certain degree). It could also be a custom degree, according to a modder who had to fix their own mod.

Message 5 of 10 (2,201 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Reveal Slideshows Stop Working (Reveal itself works)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (2,151 Views)
Highlighted

Dream home decorator Gig Reveal videos don't play

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest from Origin 19.6.2021 (don't know where the version number is located)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Snowy Escape, Get Famous, Seasons, University, Dream home decorated, Tiny living,Dine out, Outdoor retreat, Holiday celebration, Digital deluxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete home decorator career gig: take before photos, redecorate in build mode, take after photos, call clients to lot, choose to reveal yourself as a player, create slideshow of before&after photos. When clients arrive, select 'Reveal' clicking on client sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clients come to the door. Some times the before&after video does not play at any point and clients just go inside and you can show off objects and ask clients opinion. Sometimes the game just skips all reveal steps (before&after video, showing off apartment and getting verdicts( after clients come to the door and then the gig is automatically finished.
What do you expect to see? I expect that every time I reveal client the new decorations: clients come to door, they're led to the room eyes closed, before&after video plays, I get to show of objects and ask verdict. The reveal video does not get skipped.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This was not issue at the beginning of the career or did not happen to me at first for some reason. Many times the reveal process went through just fine as expected with all the steps. Now the reveal video is skipped every time, even after quitting and saving, after shutting down Origin too. I have not updated the game (there's no new update) in-between the correct behaviour and the buggy behaviour, so it's the same game version where it worked first and does not work anymore. 

Message 7 of 10 (2,163 Views)

Re: Dream home decorator Gig Reveal videos don't play

Hero
@Riisanee I merged your post with the existing report on this

Could you send your save to Nick as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,123 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the exact same issue and I have tried EVERYTHING!

Any gig I play as dream home decorator, I can do all the steps, introduce, get to know their preferences, before photos, redecorate, take after photos and call clients to lot. Then I click that I want the reveal event. Clients walk to front door, my sim does reveal animation with sparkles and then it checks off! No before & after pictures which are just so nice for the immersion and hard work.

Then sims do walk inside and I can show off everything and all else goes according to how it should, just no reveal. Frown

I play with cc and mods so first I deleted all those + cache files and tried that out. Same thing.

My sim has a daughter in primary school so I tried deletering her but that did not make any difference.

I made sure there was only one way to enter the house, no difference.

What I also tried out is to see if it worked in the beginning of the job, before finishing decorating. When I just moved walls and furniture (did not purchase anything yet!) I called the clients to lot and the reveal event happened perfectly fine.

When I loaded to a later save, still not finished ut have purchased items (including cc), the reveal event would NOT work.

So it bugs out even when I had not finished the build but when I have purchased items, I load that save vanilla/without any mods or cc to see if that is causing the bug, but it would still not work.

How strange? Can this please be fixed? It is so upsetting!

The only thing I can think of still is to try one more job purchasing only non cc items and see if that makes a difference.

Message 9 of 10 (1,870 Views)

Re: Dream home decorator Gig Reveal videos don't play

★★★★ Novice

This happens to me 90%+ of the time. I'm on xbox series s and my sim no longer gets to reveal to client and gig immediately ends with no other pop-ups. I never know how I did and have to manually travel home, very frustrating!

Message 10 of 10 (1,091 Views)