[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] No Pop-Up for going to Gig at starting time

by Gednaa

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 dream home decorator gig makes sims leave

★★ Novice
@unitato99mv I have removed all my mods and cc, started a new save file and now it’s working.
Message 21 of 47 (1,676 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream home decorator gig makes sims leave

★★★★★ Guide

I got one gig, but then the next one, no pop-up.  It's so maddening.  I refuse to start a fresh game because all may legacy families will be lost.  They don't even know each other if I bring them down from the library.  And anyway, my sims make thousands of simoleons just from a few minutes DJing.  Could this not pay a bit better?  It's a lot of time and effort for so little and all the bugs that go with it.  I feel like I wasted my money on yet another pack that just doesn't deliver.  The game isn't playable without mods and all mine are updated.  If I removed all my mods, my sims would all be dead in seconds! They die of laughter seconds after opening the game.   I rarely play the game these days, I spend most of my time building or making sims for the gallery.  Not wasting anymore of my cash on packs.  I guess I've got a little more CAS and build items, which are pretty lame IMO for the price of the packs I've bought of late.  If I do play the game, I'm trying to fix bugs.  Not much happens in my game these days.  Sad times.

Message 22 of 47 (1,643 Views)

Re: Sims 4 dream home decorator sims will not go to gigs

★★★★★ Guide
@MaeDae9222 I travelled to my gig and nobody was there! Of course, I'm going to take a hit for that, so exited without saving. Unplayable!
Message 23 of 47 (1,754 Views)

Re: [DHD] No Pop-Up for going to Gig at starting time

★★ Guide

The first time I got a gig for my new interior decorator, she didn't get the job pop up either. I have no mods. I thought it might be because she had asked for the gig while she was at an event (her wedding, from which she didn't get home until evening.) So when I realized it wasn't going to work, I exited without saving. I restarted the game then I waited for after 9am the next day to ask for the gig and I didn't have any problems with the gig starting as it should. (I've had other glitches, such as no actual "reveal", but I got a reveal when I exited and tried it again.)

Message 24 of 47 (1,732 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I got a gig, did really well, with a big bonus and promotion.  (Although I had to start a whole new game and lose all my legacy families!). Booked another with the successful sim, went along and the budget for what he wanted was undoable!  A whole living room with only 4000 simoleons! He liked mischief, programming, garden decor.  Not possible.  I built for while, went over budget, and vowed never to waste my time on this pack again!  I couldn't even afford the curtains or a TV, let alone a computer and a bubble blower!  So going back to my old save with my legacy families and forgetting this pack!  It's stressy, really bad decor for high prices and not doable if you want to please your clients.  I did a bedroom for Partihaus and they loved it, having a decent budget,  but a whole living room?  on $4000???? I said earlier, my sims can make thousands just djing in minutes or selling a few plants, beachcombing, writing, composing music... what is this pack for?  Yes lovely for builders, but we need to be more realistic here!

Message 25 of 47 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Gednaa You get money for selling their things that gets added to the budget. Sorry, but I can easily do a living room for 4k.
Message 26 of 47 (1,701 Views)

No 'Go to Work With' Prompt for Interior Decorator Gig

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? GP10:1.assets.live.gp10.4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, spa day, vampires, parenthood, realm of magic, dream decorator, spooky stuff, romantic garden, laundry day, tiny living, and paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I choose a gig but when 9am start time comes the prompt to go to work doesn't appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The countdown to work timer says 0 minutes and my sim just stands there or she goes to do something else.
What do you expect to see? The prompt to go to work or send alone appears at 9am like it's supposed to so my sim can go to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded dream decorator pack

I tried to go to work as a decorator 6 times. First time the prompt didn't appear and it was after 9am, shown attached. I cancelled the gig and waited to the next day and the next gig. Again 9am came and went and no prompt. I restarted the game and tried again and still no prompt. I didn't cancel the gig the third time and went about her sim life but once I traveled to another lot in her home world and it was 3pm, the prompt suddenly appeared and she went to work. I tested the active lot she was in by having her stay there after she returned and waited til the next morning 9am gig. At 9am the prompt appeared and I went with her to work. I thought maybe my home lot was glitched so I returned home after the gig and again waited til 9am. But when 9am came, the prompt appeared and she could go to work. Half the time it didn't work. I have no clue why it just started working. The career is still glitched at least half the time I tried and needs to be fixed. I got very frustrated trying to start the career.

Message 27 of 47 (1,703 Views)

Dream Home Decorator Career does not work with old saves

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, but not Journey to Batuu and not Paranormal, and no kit Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use an old save before patch 1.75 and play with the Dream Home Decorator Career. I tested it with save that was new with NO mods, and it was okay, but an old save not.
What happens when the bug occurs? About eight o'clock a.m you get a message, to work(gig) about a hour, and also nine o'clock a.m a message to send the sim to the client. It only happens in new game saves. But i get no messages at all in my older save games. I can only play the new career when i make a new save game.
What do you expect to see? That i can play with the new Career, also in my older game saves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After patch 1.75 and release Pack Dream Home Decorator

Please ASAP,   thank you very much. I want also use my old saves, i have there much houses/apartments build myself and many self made Sims. It is too much to replace all that stuff from the library. And i have much Basic game saves.

I tested it again with an older save, no mods  but the messages does not appear. And sim does not go to the client.

Message 28 of 47 (1,682 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator Career does not work with old saves

★★★★★ Guide
@badmama62 this is my problem too. Started with a new save, no mods and all went well, but back to old saves with updated mods (I need my mods and legacy families) but not pop up for gig. The money is so poor and the budgets are so small for what the client wants, I don't see the point in any of it. I wish I could get my money back on this buggy/broken pack.
Message 29 of 47 (1,652 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@FluidPanNerd I sold all their items, but still had nothing to please the client. I would have been a big his against my sim's reputation. Frown
Message 30 of 47 (1,651 Views)