Re: Dream home decor clients…where are you?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] No Pop-Up for going to Gig at starting time

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco, Fitness, Laundry Day Toddler Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims has a gig booked in the dream decorating career, when 9am comes, no option for his to go to work pops up. Nothing happens at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect a pop up saying join or go alone to the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dream Decorator!

I even started a new game and the sim could go to the gig just fine, but my main save game, the sim gets no option.  I removed all mods, tested and added one by one and they're all fine, started a new game with my family that I had in the gallery and he was still showing as having the gig booked, but no option came up to go and renovate a kitchen!  It's definitely not mod related, so I am stumped, having started a new game with my family.  I even tried the old saves and it's just the same.  I hope someone can help fix this as I really enjoy building and was so looking forward to this pack.  The only way I can play is with a whole new game with a new sim from scratch.  I enjoyed the renovation of a living room with her and she got a good reputation from it, but I want to keep my legacy familes and play this!  Thanks in advance for any ideas.  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 20 of 47 (10,487 Views)

DHD career not working. Can't go to the gigs.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions - All Game packs - All Stuff packs - All Kits - Courtyard Oasis, Bust the dust and Country kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a career as an interior designer then accept a gig and wait for the correct time the gig would start.
What happens when the bug occurs? The time comes and nothing happens, no pop up notification and no option to manually go to the gig apears in the career panel.
What do you expect to see? According to the lessons panel and from what i have seen on your live stream i should get a pop up notification to choose between sending my sim alone to the job or to go with them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

At first i thought it could be a mod issue since i have used CC in the past so i have tried removing all mods and then repairing the entire game and all packs, which did not work or help as the same issue happened again. The fact that i cant do the gameplay portion of a GAME PACK is quite annoying and makes me feel like i wasted my money. please fix this.

Message 1 of 47 (10,083 Views)

Re: DHD career not working. Can't go to the gigs.

Hero

HI @Yeina-Muto 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (10,048 Views)

Dream home decor clients…where are you?

★★★★★ Novice

Hiya! I’m not getting a notification to go to my job as an interior designer and have to “travel” to the lot manually. When I get there the clients aren’t there so I can’t find out what they like/dislike either. Help please ☺️

Message 3 of 47 (10,637 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Rosievondee 

Look on your Works tab. Has the Gig started yet? It never start immediately after selecting a gig. Usually next day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 47 (10,593 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks for your reply. yes the work has started and I’ve had to manually travel to the person’s house (via ‘m’ and worlds). All the options to complete the work is available when I there, and the work can be ticked off (except for the option to go to lot, as I’ve not been taken there automatically).  

From experience of taking another job, when it’s 9am the option to go to work or to go alone pops up. But with this, it just doesn’t appear. 

Message 5 of 47 (10,587 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@Rosievondee 

Are the inhabitants ghosts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 47 (10,576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Hahah no they weren’t
Message 7 of 47 (10,570 Views)

★★★ Novice

i watched a stream yesterday and the player had this issue

even though the job had started there was no notification, she ended up cancelling it and picking another one

then it worked

it seems like the pack has many problems Frown

Message 8 of 47 (10,568 Views)

Sims 4 dream home decorator sims will not go to gigs

★★ Novice

My sim will not travel to the clients lot. I know you should get a pop up an hour before the gig starts asking to go to work or send alone but I just don’t get any pop up. I’ve even let the game play until the start time of the gig is but just nothing happens....I can’t travel to the gig so I can’t do any of the tasks, I literally cannot use the career side of this pack. Ive had so many issues since downloading this pack. Had to completely reset my game, remove mods and CC but still having the issue where my sim won’t go to to gig. 

Message 9 of 47 (10,629 Views)