Re: Dream Home Decorator: Conflicting Client Likes/Dislikes

by crinrict

Original Post

I am pretty sure I have figured out the reason, as it is the same as the reason behind the age-inappropriate gig details I have provided a bug report for.

Basically, it seems each sim has their has their own likes and dislikes... But when questioned for a gig, they'll answer from the entire household's pool of interests. If the child is interested in red, singing and island decor and dislikes white, the teen is interested blue but hates red, and likes mission decor and rocket science, and the parent is interested in green, white, Queen Anne style and Gothic Farmhouse style and loves to cook, but hates island decor... You may step in as a decorator, and while questioning any (or all) of them, all they may give you is: likes and dislikes red, likes and dislikes island decor etc. 

The game also can not differentiate between appropriate themes and styles based on room type. Children's room renovations can spawn adult interest types and bathrooms can come up wuith gardening and rockets...

Message 11 of 20 (657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The big question then becomes how to reroll or otherwise influence those preferences. Reloading doesn't seem to work and - at least in my case - using the "suggest a different decor" doesn't do anything even with maxed charisma which i assume should influence their decision.

Message 12 of 20 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cognitivecog I had them change for both color and decor when I used those. Do you have a high reputation ? How was your relationship to them ? Do you remember if anyone had island decor on like before you changed it ?

@Strangelovekraft I think so too. They just all give you what the family likes which in a way makes sense to me. This way you don't have to run around the whole house to talk to everyone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (638 Views)

Re: [DHD] Conflicting Client Likes/Dislikes

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 20 (595 Views)

Likes/Dislikes showing wrong

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except - journey to batuu and bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dream decorator career - getting to know clients
What happens when the bug occurs? Notification says that the client likes something but under the work tab and gigs it says they actually dislike it or vice versa. Happened twice. I just ignored it like I didn't know and luckily I got paid and they liked the reno but it's annoying.
What do you expect to see? The two to match so you know if they actually like/dislike or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch.

I don't have any at this moment.

Message 15 of 20 (578 Views)

Re: Likes/Dislikes showing wrong

Hero
@TheSpaark I merged this with the thread on conflicting likes/dislikes. Could you send your save to Nick as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (540 Views)

★ Guide

this happens to me except in the notifications it'll state on thing but in the work tab it states another. it's happened at least twice. 

Message 17 of 20 (502 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Conflicting Client Likes/Dislikes

★★★ Newbie
@Cognitivecog Ahhh this just happend to me, my client both likes and dislikes white! I thought it was only a bug, but I guess It isn't!:/
Message 18 of 20 (467 Views)

interior design: client likes and dislikes "modern" in the same gig

★★★ Apprentice

This has never happened before the last patch:

a) the client wanted "modern" and didn't want "modern" in the same gig. b) the interior designer was unable to change the client's mind by suggesting another design. The client kept ignoring, nothing changed.

Maybe a) is a rare coincidence (but it shouldn't happen anyway). b) is definitely new.

Of course the client wasn't happy with the new design...

Message 19 of 20 (447 Views)

Re: interior design: client likes and dislikes "modern" in the same gi

Hero
@croc4854 I merged your post with the bug report on conflicting likes/dislikes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (411 Views)