by Cognitivecog

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Conflicting Client Likes/Dislikes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover Uni., City Living, Get to Work, Dream Home Decor., Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Toddler, Vintage Glamor, Kids Room,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through Dream Home Designer gigs
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) The client Likes/Dislikes the same style. For example: Likes Island Decor, Dislikes Island Decor. 2) Asking sims to change their decor style preference when the above happens does nothing regardless of their reaction to me asking or my level in charisma.
What do you expect to see? Different likes/dislikes that don't conflict.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.

Twice now I have had clients that have likes/dislikes that conflict. For example, the client both Likes and Dislikes Mission style.

Right now my clients preferences for a walk-in closet are: Likes Island decor, Likes Photography, Dislikes Violin, Dislikes Island decor.

This really limits what you can do for the client. It essentially negates 2 of the options (island decor), violin is a dislike, so essentially I'm left with throwing a few cameras down and calling it a day (or the photoshoot studio but what sims have room for that in their walk in closet?). There may be some other photography items in other packs I'm missing, but it wont be much (and essentially requires having all packs to play or CC). Choosing a different style to throw random decor into a room risks the 'This is not what I asked for" or a negative reaction from the household and a drop in reputation.

I have tried:
- Reloading the game to the day before - the client had the same preferences.

- Interviewing the 4 different sims vs interviewing one sim only to get the preferences - regardless they give the same 4 preferences. Did this over the course of 5 reloads - one where i asked each sim questions until they gave a preference, and 4 reloads where i asked a specific sim questions until they had filled the preferences bar (4 sim household).
-Asking the client to change their decor theme. Of the 4 clients, 1 gave the "no" reaction and 3 gave the "yes" reaction with the thumbs up, but the preferences never changed regardless of who I asked or how many times. Thinking this was a bug, i reloaded the save 3 times with the same results.(Some of the reloads were the same as above, asking different sims for preferences). 

If the style conflicts are not a bug, they can severely limit the options available for renovations and thus the actually gameplay aspect of decorating in an expansion named Dream Home Decorator. The randomness of their preferences is great, but when they are conflicting it's like having 2 less options. If asking a sim to reconsider the decor style is an option, it should at least have a decent chance of success (especially with high charisma) to remedy issues like this if they come up.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (3,426 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator: Conflicting Client Likes/Dislikes

Hero
@Cognitivecog Would be interesting to see if one Sim actual has conflicting likes/dislikes or if they just gave you the likes/dislikes of the whole family no matter who you asked.

Have you tried to use the styles they gave you that weren't added to the panel anyways ? I mean if they gave you a positive reaction, they should like it. Same with color. I always ask them for favorite color and then use that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (3,408 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I reloaded a previous save, travelled to their house before the gig began, edited them in CAS editor and made everyone like Garden style and dislike Basic style, went back home, saved. When the gig began i interviewed them again and they gave the same answers as before that didn't match their actual preferences from CAS.

Message 3 of 20 (3,407 Views)

Hero
@Cognitivecog Would you mind uploading that family that gave you the gig to the gallery and putting the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (3,398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@CognitivecogWould be interesting to see if one Sim actual has conflicting likes/dislikes or if they just gave you the likes/dislikes of the whole family no matter who you asked.

Have you tried to use the styles they gave you that weren't added to the panel anyways ? I mean if they gave you a positive reaction, they should like it. Same with color. I always ask them for favorite color and then use that.

Could you expand on "Have you tried to use the styles they gave you that weren't added to the panel anyways ?"? When you Suggest Different Decor Style you don't get to pick a style to suggest. When it works, it just changes one of the style preferences in the panel.

"Same with color. I always ask them for favorite color and then use that."
Asking their favorite color has never been an option for any of the Sims in any of the reloads I've done for this client, unfortunately. It doesn't seem to matter what I ask, they give the same preferences regardless.

Message 5 of 20 (3,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cognitivecog What I mean is that when they told you they like say Home Decor but it doesn't get added to the things they like to just use it anyways ? I mean they told you they like it so they should too when you have the reveal.

The one on the panel help to quick filter but nothing is keeping you to fulfill the others anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (3,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@CognitivecogWould you mind uploading that family that gave you the gig to the gallery and putting the name here ?

Caliente-BUGTEST
by CognitiveCog
Shared 6/7/2021

Message 7 of 20 (3,384 Views)

Hero
@Cognitivecog No one seems to have a hidden like for Island decor but I haven't tried a gig of course since that is random. All the other preference given seem to be there. Seems like there's some stuck like that's no longer there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (3,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@CognitivecogNo one seems to have a hidden like for Island decor but I haven't tried a gig of course since that is random. All the other preference given seem to be there. Seems like there's some stuck like that's no longer there.

Do we know when the preferences are chosen for the gig? Is it when you take the gig? i.e. if I quit the gig before it starts and go back later after doing a different gig, will their preferences change? Or is it locked into the gig and generated when the world is generated?

Message 9 of 20 (3,368 Views)

Hero
@Cognitivecog I'm guessing for those Sims that HAVE likes it should take the ones they have, for others they get locked first time you ask them. Since the profile doesn't work well, it's a bit hard to verify if it's their actual likes

I just think in your case, changing them, didn't properly change them.

You can try taking away the dislikes violin and see if that still comes up too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (3,333 Views)