by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Commercial Gig: Renovation takes place on residential lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start home decorator career. Select "club reno gig". Start gig with pop-up, since I don't know which club. Go to household lot instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? I selected a "club" gig, and I do have 2 clubs in that safe file. I went to the gig and it was the last home lot that I renovated. I got a message in top right, from the owner of the home lot. It said that she was the spokes person for that gig. I did a gym reno before the home lot reno, and there I went to the gym lot and the spokes person gave that same message and then appeared on the gym lot. So the message part works. I was just on a wrong lot type. I cancelled the gig, because I was not gonna build a club on their second floor. It cost me reputation.
What do you expect to see? Travel to selected lot type, in this case "club".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Dream home decorator game pack.

TLDR: 

I went to a wrong lot type in the home decorator career. It should have been a commercial lot, a club, but I went to the last place I renovated namely a "home lot". I got the message that the spokes person was coming over, but that was the owner of the home lot. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (3,010 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator wrong lot type

Hero
@Lavendela91 Did the lot used to be a club lot at one point and got transformed into residential ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had this issue, I reinstalled sims back to base game as I thought it would be more fun to renovate base game builds opposed to ones I had already renovated. It asked me to add an arcade to a family house saying it was a commercial lot 

Message 3 of 11 (2,910 Views)

Hero
@digbypinsent Was it a commercial lot at some point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it has never been a commercial lot it has always been a residential lot

Message 5 of 11 (2,899 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict No, it was not. It was the Hopi household. I did change the house, but not the lot nor the lot type.
Message 6 of 11 (2,872 Views)

Can not renovate commercial lots

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Dream home decorator, city living, seasons, dine out, laundry day stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accompany your Sim to a selected gig for a commercial lot. (f.e. cafe renovation, bar renovation)
What happens when the bug occurs? You show up not on the commercial lot/ client bussinisses, but at the clients home. You can not ask their preferencies, as they are displayed as residents, not the bussiness owners. There is nothing to do but cancel the gig and get bad results.
What do you expect to see? I expect to accompany my Sim to a commercial lot that was meant for actual renovation (f.e. gym - that was only commercial gig that worked for me yet). I meet the client there and discuss their wishes and start working as usual.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did not do anything with those lots before, I did not even visited them. For a not working Cafe renovation, it was client Feng. I successfully renovated a gym for her, and also two 3 another renovations of their flat. The other not working gig was a bar and the client was Lothario (not sure); it was a first renovation for this family. In this save, I only play one Sim- the decorater.

Message 7 of 11 (2,839 Views)

Re: [DHD] Commercial Gig: Renovation takes place on residential lot

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 11 (2,783 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Commercial Gig: Renovation takes place on residential lo

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem...meant to be renovating a Cafe, but it’s sent me to a residential lot (Caliente). I have no career interaction options, and I can’t cancel gig because the button doesn’t work after the latest update. The only way to get out of it is to quit my job.

Message 9 of 11 (2,712 Views)

Interior Designer Job; can’t renovate cafe

★★★ Newbie

Multiple attempts to renovate cafe in interior designer career path. Sends me to the clients residential space, not the cafe for 2 different clients. Had to cancel gig which negatively impacted job performance.

Message 10 of 11 (1,039 Views)