[OPEN] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

by chanring2

Original Post

Re: bugged active interior design pack

Hero
@SnippySwitch Could you please give some more details ? Do your clients not like your work or what happens in detail ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 52 (1,548 Views)

★ Novice

yes its saying that the clients are unhappy every single time in active career and even if I send my sim by herself she makes 0$

Message 12 of 52 (1,515 Views)

Hero
@SnippySwitch Merging this with the main thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 52 (1,471 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same thing has happened to me. Every job on level 1 of the career went perfectly, all happy sims and paid and reputation increased. After getting to level 2 I have not managed to pass a single job despite doing everything exactly the same. On the rare occasion I get one sim that's happy in the household i get the "it's not what I was expecting but I like it" style line despite the fact that I ONLY use items that are in the color/decor style and always include hobby items Frown I tried cheating to level 3 to see if it was only an issue with the level 2 but still failing all jobs whether they be generic room renovations, specific rooms, or level renovations. I've even painted all the walls and done the floors the color they like and made EVERY object in the color they like and i the decor style and they're still unhappy and fail. 

Message 14 of 52 (1,408 Views)

Hero
@itslolagrace Are you going massively over/under budget ? Maybe it's TOO much of that same color ? Also make sure you keep to the functionality of the room. A video arcade in the bathroom just doesn't make too much sense.

I also find some clients ALWAYS hating what I do while others like it

The Spencer-Kims for example. There's 5 Sims. It's always 3 that love what I do and two that don't and always the same ones. I did 3 jobs for them now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 52 (1,398 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I've been a lot under budget, been less than $100 under budget, never over budget, made everything the liked color, used the color only moderately, always have the appropriate furniture in the room and hobby furniture in a location that doesn't impede the use of the room, and every time either every sim is unhappy or a single sim will say "it's not what I expected, but I like it" and i end up failing and not being paid. This has also only started happening since I leveled up in the career; at level 1 every job went well and then at level 2 & 3 (i cheated up to 3 to see if it was just an issue on 2) nothing I have done has worked

Message 16 of 52 (1,392 Views)

Hero
@itslolagrace Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 52 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Guide

That's strange because I've found it far too easy so far, in fact you don't even have to waste time asking them their preferences just put a object of every style and one of every color and you can't go wrong and every household member is instantly happy. 

Message 18 of 52 (1,357 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It could maybe be a good idea to have an explanation what decides how much score you get during a gig in a sims 411 or something. It's difficult to know what you are doing wrong sometimes.

So far, from what I understand, you need to build after the recommendations and also after your clients likes and dislikes. I don't know if the amount of money spent or the amount of items matter too. One client did not like one renovation I did and when I went back and checked in CAS he had no likes/dislikes assigned.

Message 19 of 52 (1,352 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I like the difficulty. I'm running about 40 pass 60 Fail, while I'm learning the career. Gig says you don't need to talk to them, but I don't know how you would pass, without all their favorites. I keep notes on each person. You just have to add objects, to each ones tastes. It's a voting system Standard smile 

I would like them to have to stick to a budget. If you sell their items, the budget increases. The original number at gig acceptable should be the target.

Message 20 of 52 (1,312 Views)