Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

by wombatilim

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Even when a client says they liked it, the job fails, she doesn't get paid, and her reputation nose dives. It's basically making the career unplayable and making me feel like I wasted money on this pack. I have no mods or CC, have never had them, and feel like over time the entire game is just more and more unstable. This is extremely disappointing.

Message 41 of 52 (921 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chanring2 this kept happening to me and i got so frustrated that i quit personally showing off the space. then all of a sudden i got paid and they loved it. so as long as i don’t personally show off the space it works
Message 42 of 52 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm really disappointed -- I just bought the pack and I had a clean save and a new character, did 2 gigs with no problem at all. The 3rd gig was odd. I renovated the Landgrabs upper level (3rd story) and they seemed to be pretty happy with it but I didn't get paid. When I went home to pout, I looked in my Build inventory and for some reason I had almost their ENTIRE houseful of furniture! WTF??? I only deleted the furniture in the upper level, but I had everything from the 2nd level. I believe the main floor was fine. I made up a new save (but used the same sim) because THAT had freaked me out. From then on, I haven't had a gig that paid me at all which is awful because I'm doing a Rags to Riches. After doing some research online, I ask more than just the questions of the target sims to fill the ? slots -- I ask each person their favorite color AND decor and it takes FOREVER to do this because everyone is talking with each other instead of answering questions. Anyway, I just renovated a kitchen (my choice) and only really changed the things they hated to test some things I read in various forums. (Side note: I learned that you could ask one person in the household all of the DHD questions in order to get answers for the entire household, which is why we get conflicting answers from the same person.) I went with an orange and grey non-french country, non-modern, wnon-black, non-white, some storybook, some handiness (what a pain), and very little clutter at all renovation. It looked so drab before and it had some color afterward. I didn't wait to show them in order to test what you all were saying about that, which was painful, and still did NOT get paid. I don't understand. Does bb.moveobjects mess stuff up? I had it on but really didn't use it.

Message 43 of 52 (810 Views)

Dream home decor design fails

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Country living, tiny homes, vampires, Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, Island living, Parenthood, Strangerville, Realm of Magic & Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sim to do a design job & 90% of the time i accompany Sim to work there is no info on what decor the client sims want. Only what hobbies or skills they like. On occasion when i do get decor/colour the client sim hates it & i fail the job. Every time. When i don't accompany them it seems to be successful but the design part is why i bought the game. The part i now can't enjoy.
What happens when the bug occurs? I fail the job. Client hates the decor. Sims reputation is dropped.
What do you expect to see? A successful job. Especially when using the filters for colour & decor style (if i were lucky enough to get that info)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Dream Home Decor

Just fails the job

Message 44 of 52 (767 Views)

Re: Dream home decor design fails

Hero
@whiskerles195 I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Could you please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DHD-Clients-always-unhappy/m-p/10444874#M187052

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 52 (735 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've only done two gigs, one just a generic room reno and a bathroom. Both got bad results and no payout. They liked cooking, dancing, gardening and something else...Am i supposed to put a stove and a dance floor in a bathroom! for goodness sakes?! Also the room renovations does it matter what room you do? I just bought this pack and have no clue...lol

Message 46 of 52 (615 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem my sim even can't go back home after his job

Message 47 of 52 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@natalia2424242I've found that I don't have the home button on my sim's icon but if I click on my sim I do get a "Go Home" option, so I've been using that.

Everyone else.... some good tips in this thread, thank you. I've been having a lot of bad luck in my current save, most of the client preferences have been unhelpful at best. Lots of activities likes & dislikes, very few colors and decors. Just took a gig at the Sterling-Rico house only to find that Bess had 4 activity preferences and nothing else, and Jules had no preferences at all. Not sure what I'm going to do with "likes rock climbing and piano, but hates rocket science and baking" in a kitchen renovation. I decided to load my save from the night before, and before doing the gig I've given them some decor and color preferences, so fingers crossed that it helps. ETA: Nope, no good. It seems the preferences are set when you choose the gig, so even after deleting some of those activity prefs and adding color and decor prefs, it gave me the same parameters.

This seems a lot worse than it was before; I've had utterly cursed gigs in the past but those were the exception rather than the rule.

Message 48 of 52 (474 Views)

dream

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living, Blooming Rooms, Country Kitchen, Desert Luxe, Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select any gig in the Dream Home Decorator career and do the gig. Host the reveal event, go through motions, and upon final verdict you will see.
What happens when the bug occurs? I do a gig exactly following client likes/dislikes in the job panel that my sim discovered. I host the reveal event and the clients show excited animation, follow the usual motions to show off items and chat them up, and then once those are complete the clients begin showing the super sad animation and they hate the renovation. Every time, every client.
What do you expect to see? Clients' reactions to gig should be based off of their expectations/likes and dislikes/whatever specified in the gig job panel. Clients should love the renovation when guidelines are followed. Clients should only hate the reno when specifically designed to their dislikes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only started happening after, not the last update, but the previous one. As I have not played DHD since then and cannot confirm whether it was this most recent update that caused this. No new add ons (packs) have been added, it must have directly been caused by an update.

Clients always unhappy. Every single time. My reputation is suffering and the career is unplayable this way. I've just started a new game to see if my save was corrupted, and apparently it's not. 5 gigs, all unhappy. Game up to date. No mods. Even when following client guidelines exactly, color and decor, they hate it. They show the excited animation upon reno reveal and then final verdict hits and they're all showing sad animations and hate it. I have not tried without hosting the reveal event, but why would I want to play and skip half the fun by not hosting the reveal? Hosting the reveal event is a big part of this gameplay. Incredibly frustrating. Apologies if this issue has been recently posted, as I must have missed the post when I searched my issue. Last report seems to be last summer. Please help ahhhhhhhhhhh

Message 49 of 52 (466 Views)

Re: [DHD] Clients always unhappy

★★ Apprentice

You may be onto something, I completely forgot this happened to me!! May be related to the issue, or could be completely separate. It was one gig out of 5 I did, that much I recall. I immediately walked in and got a pop up saying I was behaving inappropriate and needed to stop or I'd be fired. I literally had done nothing and was very confused for a hot minute. I do not have the observant trait and only did a friendly greeting. I quickly discovered likes/dislikes so I could enter reno before being kicked out.

(likes/dislikes being "hates violin, loves piano, hates gardening" for a kitchen reno, which brings up another issue entirely). Hasn't happened since, but only because my reputation is so poor and I got incredibly frustrated playing it thus I refused to do any more gigs, and now can't even select any gigs.

I've sent in my save file to SimGuruNick for the issue at topic regarding unhappy clients, 0 pay, reputation drop, etc so perhaps they could look into this as well. I also mentioned my issue with the "return home" gig payout and gig end pop up not appearing for a long time now, and having to manually travel back home. What is up with DHD??? Any and all saves they can get will help sort out these issues. There's far too many for me to report on every single one lol

Message 50 of 52 (398 Views)