Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

by Psychotps

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

I'm not sure but I think part of the problem is the random generation of the likes and dislikes. I think since the generation is completely random and devoid of any logic that there is often conflicting likes and dislikes.

I spent hours on my Starter Template world going through almost every household and creating likes and dislikes for everyone. Mostly based upon lore, their existing decor and some conflicts... like the pancake household. I simply had to give them completely conflicting tastes. ;P I also went light on liked hobbies.

When I started a new DHD game with the updated template world, I noticed it was a LOT easier to style the rooms to their "professed" likes and dislikes.

Maybe if they added more "logic" to how they choose the likes and dislikes? In the meantime, it'll take a while but going through a hundred sims' likes and dislikes is a royal pain but seems to work a lot better.

Message 31 of 52 (1,113 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps The game consider all likes and dislikes from every Sim there is in the household you are working for. However, after patch 1.77, Gigs always fail for me, it doesn't matter what I do.
Message 32 of 52 (1,023 Views)

★ Guide

This is the answer. I played dream home decorator when it first came out and every job was so easy. I occasionally got a dislike here and there, but never failed unless it bugged out obviously. After a recent patch, I cannot get anything to work. I did start over with a new save, so the sim has no experience in the career. Did they try to tweak the difficulty and now it's a whole lot harder? It did seem way too easy at first.

Message 33 of 52 (982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just played 2 more gigs and 1 went great. The next one, I followed all instructions, but only got "dislikes orange", "dislikes snowboarding" and likes writing. For writing, there was only desks and computers. I put 2 desks and the most expensive computer in the room. The rest of the room was mid-century because one of the likes of the sims was that style and purple since he also liked that. He seemed really happy looking around, but just shook my hand and did the giggle/excited animation, no tears. The other one absolutely hated it despite nothing being tagged orange. He just liked writing and disliked orange. I got paid nothing and reputation dropped significantly. This seems overly harsh. I think it's due to getting instructions that mostly include dislikes and the single like is a hobby which doesn't make sense to cover the room in. I think decorative items need to have hobby tags such as books, pens and pencils for writing. Next time, I'm going to cover the room in desks and see if that fixes it. :-/

So far, 3 unpaid gigs. 1 paid gig with bonus.

Message 34 of 52 (964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here, replying to follow

Message 35 of 52 (937 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 52 (885 Views)

Champion

This is happening on my game on Xbox series S. I've just noticed though, the client criteria says one thing at the start of the job but has changed when I enter/exit build mode. Since spotting that, my redesigns have so far been really successful after a run of failures.

So for 2 examples. The client criteria said French style (French country I think to be specific) and it said that while I was in build mode. I did the renovation, exited build mode but noticed that the criteria had now changed to modern style.

With the next job, the 4 criteria boxes changed again so I kept checking in and out of build mode and tried to remember what they had all said (grey, pink, blue, yellow, modern). It was the colour choices that kept changing. So I covered all 5 options and the parents and kids were overjoyed and hugging her while blaring their eyes out, she got a bonus too and calls from previous clients asking to work with her again.

Before I'd noticed the criteria was changing, 3 previous households had been disappointed and paid zero and I thought I'd followed all their instructions, one actually yelled at her and stormed out to cry and swear in the garden and he's a good sim I'd previously created. I started over again on a different save and they still looked murderous at the reveal.

It might partly explain why so many previous jobs have failed if essentially the goalposts keep moving.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 37 of 52 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I get this problem too. My home decorator sim seems to have a problem with the Delgato family in Brindleton Bay. What upsets me is that when I decorate a room for them with the likes, half of them would like it and the other half would hate it. I'd then get the second chance gig and talk to a different member. I would use their likes and then the ones who liked it before hated and the ones who disliked it loved it. I've had about three or so second chance gigs from them. Finally, I did a gig recently with them and they appeared to all love it. I look at the gigs and see the second chance gig again. Let's just say this save has caused a massive dislike to this family for me at the moment for them constantly being unhappy. This doesn't affect other clients. For example, the Charm family in Glimmerbrook has always loved my renovations to the point that I've done about two more returning clients gigs with them. It's just the Delgato family the seems to want to be difficult for me.

Message 38 of 52 (783 Views)

Champion

I'm now not relying on the info box about client likes/dislikes as I think that's the problem.

Instead I'm keeping a full list of everything clients say in conversation about colour/style and adding that to whatever the info panel says.

I think it's possibly the info panel causing the problem as for me it still keeps changing during the renovation. I did the Partihaus and they went crazy then I noticed it had changed to say they hated basic decor and I'd used the loft kit items and base game items. (I mean, what did they want on their budget and I'd added 2 ensuites!) But it hadn't said that before. I didn't save and went back and redid it.

So when I did the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house I noted every single thing from all 5 people in conversation and the job was so successful they paid double.

I wish the furniture categories were more obvious in build mode though. Some are, but some definitely are not.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 39 of 52 (749 Views)

★ Guide
@chanring2 Me too, but...what really irks me is they had the audacity to send me a letter saying "May higher powers judge you", AND invite me back for round 2.
Message 40 of 52 (700 Views)