Interior Decorator Bug for completed jobs tied to reputation?

by Meatballsx

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 52 (1,339 Views)

Dream home decorator failing jobs

★★ Novice

Hi 

have been playing the dream decorator pack for a couple of weeks, first 2 jobs were fine and passed them. Then have failed every job since despite ticking all the boxes - has anyone else had this issue on Xbox? Also half the likes and dislikes don’t relate to decorating very annoying. 
wondering if it’s a bug or I’m awful at this park 

thanksss

Message 22 of 52 (1,334 Views)

Re: Dream home decorator failing jobs

Hero (Retired)

@emlondon89 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 23 of 52 (1,313 Views)

Interior Decorator Bug for completed jobs tied to reputation?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a job with as Interior Decorator 2. Reputation in the OK range 3. A completed gig with the Happy Client moodlet that says clients clearly love the new space
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite happy clients I get sent home with a 0 pay and a damage to my reputation. My sims husband has the same career and started in the 'Good' reputation range, and does not have this issue even if the client is only so so happy about the final job.
What do you expect to see? Your sim to test with has to be in reputation in less than good -- ok is what I am working with - and even if the client loves it and cries at final verdict my sim is always sent home with drop in reputation, 0 pay and I get the it wasn't what we asked for but thanks for the effort.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My initial sim I tried this career with was the female sim, I didn't get good results since the clients were giving me useless information such as liking dancing and hating blues music or something when interviewing and having no responses for favourte colour or décor, so her reputation tanked. I quit the career and did a few other jobs with her and started a fresh career with her husband sim with a fresh reputation etc. Even when I messed up a few oh his clients his rep never dropped below good so he has had mostly successful renos. With her I can never do it right even following the same formula I have to get her husbands rep in the Excellent range. I suspect this is a bug.  

I have a included the most recent images post job on her home lot, she had a happy client moodlet while talking to the client during final verdict. He was emphatic this client, and somehow she goes empty handed, disappointed client etc. 

If there is a way to reset the career completely to included the reputation I suspect this wont happen again

Message 24 of 52 (1,314 Views)

Re: Interior Decorator Bug for completed jobs tied to reputation?

Hero
@Meatballsx Interesting observation. Merging this with the always unhappy client thread as it seems to be the same issue.

Could you send your save to SimGuruNick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DHD-Clients-always-unhappy/m-p/10444874#M187052

Also to be sure, you're talking about the DHD reputation and not the one from GF ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 52 (1,283 Views)

Re: Interior Decorator Bug for completed jobs tied to reputation?

★★★★★ Novice

Having the same bugs about unhappy clients and reputation suffering, I'm posting to follow the issues.

Message 26 of 52 (1,216 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

★★★ Newbie

I had something similar. My first gig, very excited to finally try the new career. Got the Goth family for a room renovation. The asks were no suburban contemporary, no video games, and no gardening. I asked further and found out one of them liked purple and contemporary furniture although that didn't appear in the three traits for the job. I renovated a bedroom to be purple and contemporary and also not having any of their dislikes. When the clients returned after the pictures I just got a failed job with $0 and dropped reputation after the room reveal. I loaded up the game again and they gave me the same requirements. I tried the kitchen and spent just about all of the money (thought that might of been the issue last time) and revealed. They were all very upset and yelling but when I asked them I got no message about what they thought about the renovation. It then said I failed the job. I reloaded and went to edit the Goth family and gave them all different likes and dislikes (actual things I could work with) then went to the job. They then told me no suburban contemporary, no video games, and no gardening which is not what I gave them. I don't feel like there is anything I can do differently. I can try another job but this seems very buggy and is not encouraging.

Message 27 of 52 (1,193 Views)

Re: [DHD] Unhappy clients

★★★ Apprentice
@AshKetchumLee I've noticed when clients just give you dislikes for furniture style and you decorate with a style they didn't mention, they don't react positively to it at all. It's to the point when a client gives the decorator a bunch of dislikes I know the gig is going to flop.
Message 28 of 52 (1,179 Views)

Re: [DHD] Unhappy clients

★★★★ Novice

Hopefully they get a grasp on all this. I e just resorted to saving before sending them on the gig and if it goes poorly I reload and sne fthem alone to do the job 

Message 29 of 52 (1,165 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Clients always unhappy

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but because i can't see any of the like/dislike of the client !
It's always a disaster, but the "client part" stay empty enven i spend the day talking with them and try to discover what they love.

Message 30 of 52 (1,134 Views)