by saturn006

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Can't paint walls in level renovation

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.175.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step one- Choose a Level Renovation gig in the Interior Decorator Career. Step two- Go to the gig and enter build mode. Step three- Try to paint the walls with any wallpaper
What happens when the bug occurs? When I am at a gig, specifically a level renovation, and I try to paint the walls or create/destroy walls, there is a pop-up that says "You cannot make changes other than the level designated by the Gig."
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to paint the walls normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please reply when you can! I really like this pack and to see the bugs be patched would be great. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (3,934 Views)

Re: [DHD] Can't paint walls in level renovation

★ Apprentice
@saturn006 I have this when it's a house with a foundation. The game doesn't recognise the ground floor as the ground floor because of the foundation. Only recognises what actually touching the ground, e.g. everything outside. It's very frustrating! I posted a topic for it too
Message 2 of 13 (3,888 Views)

Hero
@saturn006 Can you change other things ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (3,869 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict in my experience you can change the furniture but you can't redecorate the walls and floors, or remove or add new walls
Message 4 of 13 (3,856 Views)

★★ Novice

Also having this issue! 

Floors are able to be changed. Doors and windows can be moved/sold. Items can be moved and sold. 

When trying to paint (on any level, including the one under restricted) it says "You cannot makes changes other than the level designated by the gig." 

Also new walls cannot be placed INSIDE, but can be placed outside (when restricted to the ground floor). 

Hasn't seemed to affect the renovation scores (not sure how much build assets play into that vs. objects) if the other likes of the client are met. 

Message 5 of 13 (3,836 Views)

★ Novice

I can change all furniture and flooring. Just can't paint walls, knock them down, or build new ones. 

Message 6 of 13 (3,833 Views)

Hero
@saturn006 Can you confirm it's houses with foundations ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (3,821 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 13 (3,732 Views)

★ Novice

Totally! I'll get you the save as soon as I can. 

Message 9 of 13 (3,726 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick so I sent you a DM with a save file, hope it works.
Message 10 of 13 (3,380 Views)