Re: [DHD] Age-inappropriate gig details

by Strangelovekraft

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Age-inappropriate gig details

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle Game packs The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator Stuff packs The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff Free packs The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choosing Child's room renovation as a renovation gig with the Dream Home Decorator may cause age-inappropriate themes for the room to be requested while questioning the client's child.
What happens when the bug occurs? A child sim, when questioned about details of the child's room they want renovated, gives age-inappropriate answers about the theme. In my case, child requests her room to be mixing drinks -themed.
What do you expect to see? Child's room renovation gig should only have child-friendly activity choices active as an option. Child should list their own interests and preferences, not pull age-inappropriate answers from the family "pool" of interests.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Child sim requesting "Mixing drinks" as one of the features of a child's room renovation. Extremely inappropriate.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (808 Views)

Re: Age-inappropriate gig details: DHR

★★★ Pro

I think this is by design but you should wait for a response from a SimGuru.  The likes/dislikes for a project pull from the entire family no matter what Sim you speak with. I see in your picture the job also received writing as a preference.  I don't think children can choose to like writing in the game.

Message 2 of 4 (704 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @Strangelovekraft 

If you are still encountering this (without mods) and willing to share the save file(s) and details requested below with us?

-Level of the Interior decorator career when Issue was observed.
- Save file where this issue can be seen.

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]

Allrighty, I'd be happy to help! 

I do not use mods, never have, but can not say for sure if this specific issue is still a problem since I have not done children's rooms renovations for a while. I can go in and test that specific thing some more, though, to see if it still happens. 

Since this originally happened ages ago, I can not remember each detail for certain, but I think the problem came up as soon as children's rooms became available for my decorator. 

I will do my best to submit the safe file, the instructions seem very difficult to follow for me but I'll do my best to have someone assist me to do this ASAP.

Edit: Could not recreate the super inappropriate drink-mixing one yet (because well, the criteria are random and I have to actually do the renos) but I can already confirm I got a gig today where the child's room reno may suggest at least activities that are neither for kids OR for a bed/playroom, such as cooking and gardening.

(merged post) - Atic

Message 4 of 4 (525 Views)