Re: [NEEDS INFO] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

by Irene346823

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Cow Plant: Resets to previous growing stage

Anonymous
@JrT2013 I'm sorry to hear that buddy but it's what worked for me. Hope you find a fix soon.
Message 11 of 61 (1,324 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] In-Season Plants revert to dirt piles (Patch 1.68)

★ Apprentice

I am having this problem too, as well as with all harvestables! They randomly revert to their dirt piles/initial growing stages. Extremely frustrating, as gardening is a very important part of my gameplay and the primary means by which my families accumulate wealth. 

I am flummoxed and more than a little dismayed as to why this hasn't been addressed in the most recent patch??

Message 12 of 61 (1,281 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: XBox 1
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I only have one save with a cowplant, but it happens all the time in that one
What is your current game version number? most recent? I have the cc collabs if that helps any
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, My 1st Pet (came in a bundle with cats and dogs), Seasons, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? plant a cowplant and grow it completley. At some point after you save and leave the game, it goes back to horns. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The cowplant turns back into horns and starts to re-grow, but you can still feed it and see the drool. You can play with it as well, but can't eat the cake. 
What do you expect to see? My cowplant stays a big cowplant and doesn't turn into baby horns

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I'm a console player so no Frown 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't think so. Maybe after the pre-birthday present patch... If that was a thing

Message 13 of 61 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Anonymous this worked for me
Message 14 of 61 (1,212 Views)

Anonymous
@thetoughmittens Glad to hear that!
Message 15 of 61 (1,210 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this happen a few times now, not just because of recent update. The reset debug shift+click option only works 50/50, sometimes it restores the cowplant to full size and it works, other times it restores to full size but freezes the cowplant in statue like formation. You can continue clicking 'reset debug' on the statue/frozen cowplant and only a small portion of the time it fixes the problem, rest of the time you're left with a cowplant that doesn't move. You can interact with the frozen/statue cowplant but it never produces the cake option, when you play/feed/pet in frozen state it will animate for that action then go back to frozen. You can leave it for weeks and it never dies but what's the fun in owning an immortal cowplant that doesn't do anything?!

Message 16 of 61 (1,180 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Cow Plant: Resets to previous growing stage

★ Apprentice

As another poster mentioned, it's when I use super-sell near the plant, but also when the Cow Plant is like "ready to evolve" but we never see the option to do so. I noticed its quality would go up a stage when I hovered over it from when it devolved to the sprouted horn stage to grown again. I fixed it each time it shrank easily; I don't remember if "reset sim" cheat or whatever, but I'd say during the course of a sim year or so I had it happen probably 5+ times.

Potentially erroneous data, but as another poster mentioned I'm also having other plants (only certain ones at certain times; it will happen to the same plant often) revert to a lump of dirt. It could be related, could be a whole separate issue, I'll make a bug report about it if I feel like I can get more data on it.

It happened most notably on my super micro home (the one where plant growth is doubled or whatever) in Sulani
I'll try to replicate this and share a save if I can.

Message 17 of 61 (1,151 Views)

Cow-plant keep remain as a little dirtpile ??

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL THE PACKS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In evergreen harbor. there is family called Alder family. and they have two cow plants and one of them keep remain back in to a little dirt pile.
What happens when the bug occurs? when you see in front of the house there is two cow plant and one of them keep returning to the little dirt pile when you first plant a cow plant. but the sims can feed and play with it or even when it has it cow tongue out to eat the cake lol 😂
What do you expect to see? that the cow plant remain back to normal self's
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 18 of 61 (1,131 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine did this too, just now. I was advised to cheat/reset it, or to go into build mode to move it. I tried the cheat/reset and that worked perfectly, it's back to normal. BUT, it is for sure a bug I also experienced.

Message 19 of 61 (1,063 Views)

EA Staff

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

please provide the save files as requested by @SimGuruNick https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Cow-Plant-Resets-to-previous-growing-stage/m-p/100...

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 61 (1,036 Views)