Re: Restaurant Thievery

by staceysimsgirl

Original Post

Hero
@PoppyCock98 Did you check if Sharing is Caring is active in the hood the restaurant is in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 201 (948 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi I've not forgotten to send you my save. Am still trying to work it out. I also heard that NAPs from other neighbourhoods can still take stuff from towns that don't have sharing is caring active. Please can you let me know how to turn off NAP Voting. So then I can test to see if that helps. Thank you. :-)
Message 52 of 201 (939 Views)

Hero
@staceysimsgirl The bug that NAPs from other hoods affect the current hood has been fixed. It shouldn't happen anymore.

You can turn off voting in the game options on the tab Eco Lifestyle

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 201 (932 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I didn't check that. I really honestly didn't even know that was a thing. When I get home from work this afternoon, I will definitely check that and get back with you. Can you explain to me exactly where that is in the "hood?"
Message 54 of 201 (925 Views)

Hero
@PoppyCock98 What you need to do is have a household that lives in the same neighborhood as the restaurant is in. Then load that household, click on the mail box and check what NAPs are active.

If it's in Evergreen Harbor, you can check on the voting boards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 201 (922 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Oh okay. So both the restaurant and my house are in Sulani, but on different islands... that being said, can I use my mailbox at my house to check that, or do I need to go to the island where the restaurant is?
Message 56 of 201 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So Sulani has 3 neighborhoods (numbered them 1 - 3 on the picture)

So let's say your restaurant is in Neighborhood 1 and your Sims live in neighborhood 2. What you now need to do is load any family that's living on a lot on neighborhood 1 and check on their mailbox.

If the NAP is there, you can repeal it by using testingcheats on (cheat console) and then shift click on the mail box and repeal.

After that you can load your own family again and the stealing should stop.

SUlani.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 201 (917 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict This is wonderful.. Thank you so much for all your help.
One last question though...
I am playing on the PS4 format, so do you know what the equivalent would be to "shift click?"

I'm hoping so much that this will fix it; and I will be eternally grateful
Message 58 of 201 (900 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm home and tried what you said... I can't get it to work. I think it may be because I'm playing on a PS4, not PC. The Sharing is Caring plan is definitely active. Now I just need to know how to get rid of it
Message 59 of 201 (895 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict For my PS4 gamers....!!!... Iearned something new today. The "shift click" for us is holding ○ (circle) and pressing X on the object. Yay!! It worked!!! Thank you so much for getting me as far as you did. Happy day!
Message 60 of 201 (888 Views)