Missing Household Objects

by Hamsysincy

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Items disappear after reloading the game/travelling (no moo)

Hero
@JaniceS992 If you have the sharing is caring NAP active in your hood, repeal it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 201 (1,011 Views)

Non played sims steal from any lot

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle. Discover university. Island living . Get famous . Seasons. Cats and dogs. City living. Get together . Get to work . Jungle adventure . Parenthood. Dine out. Spa day. Outdoor retreat . Nifty knitting. Tiny living. Moschino stuff. My first pet stuff. Laundry day stuff. Toddler stuff. Fitness stuff. Bowling night stuff. Vintage glamour stuff Backyard stuff. Kids room stuff. Movie hangout stuff. Cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite non played sim to house and see if they steal something. Or, go to a non residential lot and see if they steal something. Also another way in which I’ve noticed them stealing the most is when my sim is living in a dorm, visitors will steal everything in the dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? Non played sims will steal from any lot
What do you expect to see? Non played sims who do not have the kleptomaniac trait should not steal from any lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this started after I installed eco lifestyle.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3 

Video 4 

Message 22 of 201 (1,022 Views)

Re: Non played sims steal from any lot

Hero

@oddspacee   Stealing is one of the things that NPC sims do when the Sharing is Caring NAP is active in the zone.  So to stop it, you need to repeal that NAP.

You can repeal it during the next voting period by voting to repeal and collecting 5 signatures from other sims out and about in the zone.  It will then be repealed when the voting period ends on Monday night.

Or you can do it the quick way by using the debug cheat on the mailbox or if you are playing in any of the Evergreen Harbor zones, the neighborhood sign.  To do that you need to turn testingcheats on and then shift right click on the mailbox or sign and you will get options to immediately repeal or enact any NAP available in that zone.

Hope this helps.

Message 23 of 201 (996 Views)

Missing Household Objects

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Star Wars, Luxury Stuff and Spooky Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During normal gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Household object ie counters, tables, chairs went missing. Previously house guests came into the house and they took the household objects. However, the bug still occurs after I disabled the Eco Lifestyle game options but they were not taken by house guests.
What do you expect to see? No more missing household objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know this bug has been fixed but i am still facing this problem? I have tables and counters missing but unfortunately I did not notice who took them.

I had disabled both Eco Lifestyle game options (Enable NPC voting and Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay) but still the counters and tables are missing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 24 of 201 (986 Views)

Re: Missing Household Objects

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

*update* 

Finally i found the culprit. My house guest was the one who took my counters.

Any fix to this? Thanks in advance.

Message 25 of 201 (977 Views)

Hero
@Hamsysincy A room mate or someone that was visiting ? Does the Sim have the recycle trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 201 (974 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict 

It was someone that was visiting my home.

That guest does not have recycle trait (only gregarious, clumsy, dance machine and goofball)

What are the quick fixes or cheat to prevent others to take the counters? 

Message 27 of 201 (972 Views)

Hero
@Hamsysincy Did you disable the NAP before anything was voted on ? Did you check on the mailbox if none of the NAPs are active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 201 (961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinricthow to disable the NAP vote in game? I only know how to disable them thru game options.

Message 29 of 201 (943 Views)

Hero
@Hamsysincy That's the way .. but depending on when you turned them off, there could still be NAPs active as turning off the option doesn't turn off already existing ones.

Did you check if there are any active currently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 201 (926 Views)