Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Constant phone calls and text messages

by Khevor

Original Post

Re: Too many phonecalls (even when the phone is silenced)

EA Staff
Hello @Anska_Stormblade,

Would you mind Sending the saves? as requested in the previous post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Constant-phone-calls-and-text-messages/m-p/1091514...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 43 (1,034 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I'm kind of introverted so maybe my sense of "too many phone calls" is a lower number than some, but my feeling is that once your Sim makes a friend your Sim's friend will hound you to death day and night. 

Sim's friend: is on doorstep while my Sim is doing something else and I don't notice, oops, but also we're doing something else.

Sim's friend: Hi [name] it's [name] I'd like to come over is that okay?

Me: sure

Sims hang out and have some fun chatting

Sim's friend: I should really get going thanks for hanging out with me

Sim's friend, the second they're gone: Hi [name] would you like to hang out tonight?

Me: no, you just left

Sim's friend: Hey [name] the spice festival is going on let's go try the spicy chili!

Me: No.

Sim's friend: So hey I have a crush on someone should I go for it?

Me: I honestly don't care but sure, go for it

My Sim: *goes to bed*

Sim's friend: Hi [name] I'd like to come over and hang out is that okay?

Me: NO IT IS NOT OKAY IT'S 2AM AND WE HAVE WORK IN THE MORNING STOP CALLING

Message 22 of 43 (987 Views)

Champion

My Sims are now getting calls while they are at work and still getting them in the middle of the night.

Scam calls in real life are really annoying and in the Sims they are also really annoying. These started after adding Eco Living.

I chose "money, money, money" on the inheritance call to see what happened and wished I hadn't. She got a tense mood for about a week and wouldn't do much because she was "too tense" to do anything. I was working on a scenario, a career, skills, friendships and hobbies as she was a new Sim but was stuck until the time ticked down. Even filling her social mood was tricky as she was barking at everyone and yelling her phonecalls.

She's also signed to Dinky Beats label and the calls/messages from them are at about 2am. Plus she gets warnings to release new music or be dropped when she releases new music daily. So there's not really any need for a 2am reminder.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 23 of 43 (864 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still an issue.  Your sim only needs to meet a person once (even from socializing at work) and suddenly they're calling constantly multiple times a day asking for life decision advice, asking if you want to go over to their place or if it's okay to come and visit you.  I even got a call from one asking my sim on a date *and they were already in the house visiting*.

(Frankly, I don't  mind the neighbourhood stories thing, but if I could turn off just the phone calls for life decisions, that'd make this a tad more tolerable.)

Message 24 of 43 (773 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Khevor Hey pal, I know I don't know you or anything and we really haven't met officially... but do you think I should ask this girl out? Maybe I should try a new job? Should I try for a promotion? Maybe try for a baby? Have a friendly outing with this other person? Try for a baby? Date this person? Try for a baby? Try for a baby?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist especially since that's pretty much exactly how it is in the game. I only have Kids Room Stuff so I don't get some of the other calls from packs, though I do constantly get the story based calls way too much especially from married sims asking about having a baby.... UGH that's getting on my nerves. It's especially annoying when a sim could call asking one thing, then call again that same day asking the exact same thing again.

So yeah completely agree about being able to disable them. Personally I feel having a simple option to toggle what calls you want to see or not would go a long way and make a lot of people happy, that way people that are annoyed with specific phone calls can turn off those specific calls. I even think that being able to toggle calls on or off would make it so that EA might not need to adjust the frequency of calls, because having some disabled would really help make the calls a lot less annoying... unless of course disabling some meant others became more frequent which just sounds like something EA would do.

So... about that baby.... lol

Message 25 of 43 (763 Views)

I turned Neighborhood Stories off and I'm still getting bombarded with phone cal

★★★★ Apprentice

I turned Neighborhood stories completely off and yet I'm still bombarded with phone calls (at least 2 per day per sim in my household) about whether someone should have a baby/date someone/get married/etc.

And yes I turned ALL neighborhood stories off in the Manage Worlds menu, for both My Households and Other Households. I still get the phone calls and I can't find a fix anywhere. Please help.

Message 26 of 43 (805 Views)

Re: I turned Neighborhood Stories off and I'm still getting bombarded with phone

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

sadly, the calls don’t stop if you disable neighbourhood stories. I hope they change this, but I don’t have much hope, that they change this.

If you use mods bienchen have a mod to stop the calls complete, you find her website linked under Common Game Fixing Mods – Hero Approved -> Bienchens website -> downloads -> Autonomy -> neighboorhoodstories. // I should maybe say that she takes a break from modding, so maybe some her mods will not work anymore after the update and it will take a while for a update.

Message 27 of 43 (783 Views)

constantly asking for advices

★★★ Novice

my sim's friends are texting them every hour or so asking about whether they should date/become friends with/find or quit a job and it's getting really annoying. is there a way to disable this?

Message 28 of 43 (788 Views)

Re: constantly asking for advices

Champion

I think it's connected to neighborhood stories - so in theory should stop if you turn neighborhood stories off? But I haven't tested that to confirm. Another option would be muting the phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 29 of 43 (765 Views)

Re: constantly asking for advices

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Sadly, this calls are separate from NS. If you toggle off NS you still get these calls. If you use mods you could use bienchens neighborhoodstories (-> Autonomy Mods -> neighborhoodstories) just google *Bienchen sims4 mods*

Message 30 of 43 (744 Views)