[NEEDS SAVES] Constant Fires (Reason unknown)

by RandomGirl900

Original Post

Re: Sims keep setting on fire

Hero
@eclxpsis Is your game updated to the latest patch ?

I merged this thread with the main one but if anyone has any of the listed causes, let me know so I can move the post over to the correct thread.

See this for known causes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Constant-Fires-Reason-unknown/m-p/9637509#M159179

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 109 (456 Views)

Re: Sims keep setting on fire

★ Novice

Yes. I’m fully updated but things are still catching fire any time I cook. I even thought maybe it was because there was wood flooring but I swapped it out with tile and it didn’t change anything. Then I decided to get the 13000 simoleon stove to see if that helped and it didn’t do anything either. I can’t meet all of the holiday goals because of it.

My packs are Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, University, Get to Work, Seasons, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Everyday Clutter Kit

Message 62 of 109 (440 Views)

Sims Starting fire in the Kitchen

★★★ Newbie

My sims start a fire in the kitchen everytime they cook. I have tried to repair the game multiple times and I don't know how to fix it. It happened when they moved into a new house on the del sol valley lot. Its running my sims broke. How do I fix this?

Message 63 of 109 (656 Views)

Re: Sims Starting fire in the Kitchen

Hero

@megsterlee 

To get the cooking fires to stop, have the sims level up their cooking skill.  To avoid fires in the kitchen while they do that, try adding a grill in the back yard and grill food as grilling will increase cooking skill.  Place the grill at least one tile away from the house or any other objects just in case the sim starts a fire on the grill.  You might want to put a surface nearby too so the sims have a place to set down the grilled food.

Hope this helps.

Message 64 of 109 (630 Views)

Re: Sims Starting fire in the Kitchen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@megsterlee
Hi there
Does your sim have at least 3 levels of cooking skill? If the cooking skill level is low, it is easy to start a fire. Read a cooking skill book to increase your sim's skill level to 3 or higher, or use an outdoor grill in a park or other location to increase your sim's cooking skill level to 3 or higher.
If your sim has a cooking skill level of 3 or higher and a fire still starts, try changing the walls and floor around the stove to tile material.
If the fire still occurs frequently, please read the following bug report.
If your situation is the same, click on "Me too" in the OP.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Constant-Fires-Reason-unknown/m-p/9636831#M159167

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Constant-kitchen-fires-with-fear-of-fires-trait/m-p/11786...

Best regard.

Message 65 of 109 (628 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Constant Fires (Reason unknown)

★★★★ Apprentice

Im having this issue on ps5 as well. 

Even with the best appliances, level 10 skill and no negative traits, moods my sims start fires almost every time they cook. 

Message 66 of 109 (587 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Constant Fires (Reason unknown)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a new issue for me that started right after the last update, all the sims that have started the stove fires have more than level 3 and 2 of them even has a level 10 in both cooking and gourmet but  everytime someone tries cooking it starts a fire.

Message 67 of 109 (547 Views)

Stove catching fire regardless of skill level

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time the stove is used it catches on fire. There is no probability of fire. It happens every time with every sim, regardless of skill level.
What happens when the bug occurs? At first, I thought it was just the new stove that came with the Growing Together pack, but it kept happening again with a different stove. I am currently residing in Parkside Place. Not sure if it is lot related or not. I haven't tried it in other lots yet.
What do you expect to see? I try to cook, and every time I use the stove, regardless of Cooking skill level, it catches fire at the very end. Every single time with every sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after I downloaded Growing Together.

I think you get it. 

Message 68 of 109 (537 Views)

Re: Stove catching fire regardless of skill level

Hero
@ggibbons Does your Sim have the fear of fire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 109 (526 Views)

Re: Stove catching fire regardless of skill level

★★★ Newbie

No, but I did discover that it seems to only be happening with "homestyle cooking" not "gourmet cooking" or "baking."
It is happening with all my sims. And, all stove types. 

Message 70 of 109 (507 Views)