[NEEDS SAVES] Constant Fires (Reason unknown)

by RandomGirl900

Original Post

Re: Help! Why does my Sim's stove keep catching on fire?

EA Sims Team

Hello @tuxedotara @AnaPrado 

Do you still happen to have the affected save file, and are willing to share it, so the team can take a look at it?

If so, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 109 (729 Views)

Excessive Stove Fires - Not Tense High Skill

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Console SDX 11.0 (latest version)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, jungle adventure get to work dine out spa day vintage glamour cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The excessiveness occurred while playing the scenario, Parenting Predicament. I am throwing a birthday party for my toddler. I’ve had to make 3 attempts to make Garlic Noodles (8 ct), sim has level 8 cooking skill and is very confident. She has a fear of work regression, but is not tense. The third time I was able to make the dish without a fire. I then proceed to bake a White cake. As soon as she puts it in the oven, she was very confident (from putting out the other fires) it caught on fire again.
What happens when the bug occurs? With the scenario above, there has been a total of 4 fires while cooking during this party on the Spingscape lot. The party isn’t over yet but Ive had to shell out 1000 4x for my stove. In one day. 😔
What do you expect to see? I except to see maybe one stove fire per day. Definitely not multiple with the same sim cooking with good emos and high skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/a

Message 32 of 109 (776 Views)

Re: Excessive Stove Fires - Not Tense High Skill

Champion

Are you sure she’s just got the work fear, not fear of fire? Fear of fire causes fires.

Is there still a tense moodlet from the work fear, even if it’s being overridden by the confident moodlet? Maybe it’s related to this bug?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Stoves-and-grills-catch-on-fire-every-time-they-re-used/t...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 33 of 109 (724 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes, everything is as stated above

Message 34 of 109 (709 Views)

Re: Help! Why does my Sim's stove keep catching on fire?

★★★ Newbie

this started happening to me a couple days ago, after I installed some mods. do you by any chance have any? if we have the same one then it might be a glitch in the mod. these are the two I have that relate to fire. LittleMsSam_RBF_FireguardMeansNoFire.package and  LittleMsSam_RSM_EP_S_AutoLightFireplaceWhenItIsCold.package

Little ms sam's mods have been amazing so far so I would be shocked if it was a problem with that but at the same it wasn't happening before I downloaded the mod and it started happening the first time I played after installing the mod.

Happening to all my sims of all ranging culinary levels, any stove. so i'm only making them eat things like salad until I can fix it Frown

Message 35 of 109 (698 Views)

Champion
@MzMelonz Hmm… is she clumsy? You didn’t say you had City Living so it wouldn’t be the cursed lot trait. Although doesn’t Seasons have a holiday where making the gnomes mad can cause fires?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 36 of 109 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MzMelonz I merged your post with the new main thread for cooking fires but I'm not sure if yours is just yet another reason. It's currently a but complicated :D

Could you test the same apartment but without the scenario to see if it's related to the scenario in your case ? I'm not sure if you can manually end scenarios (never tried one) but if you can, backup your save, and end it on the backup and then test if the fires still occur.

Thank you

There are many threads now for constant fires and as EA needs one thread per issue/cause, I've done some merging and moving around. It's not possible to keep it 100% correct but I did my best.

This thread is for everything unclear what the reason is. There are several specific threads so if you can pinpoint your fires to those, please let me know so I can move your post(s).

Specific threads

Fires also likely start when your Sim has low skill, has the clumsy trait or uses cheap stoves. These are not bugs. For all the ones listed above it's insanely excessive and needs tuning down (although all these conditions do raise chances of fires)

There are also mods that can cause this so make sure to remove all mods to before posting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 109 (662 Views)

Re: Fire

★★ Apprentice

I've been dealing with the same thing, it doesn't matter what kind of oven it is, the grill, the fireplaces. the firepit, the lot we're on, the house we live in ... no mods, it still happens 90% of the time! It's so extremely frustrating! I have tried moving and it still happens!

Message 38 of 109 (663 Views)

Hero
@kevshas Does your Sim have the fear of fire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 109 (649 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They didn't, but after two fires they did, that was how it happened with all sims because the fires have happened in multiple families.

Message 40 of 109 (632 Views)