Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Conservationist Career - Task showing before doable

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The computers don't have the option to write an article for Conservationist Career
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing
What do you expect to see? the option to write the article and complete the daily task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim just got the new conservationist career started at level 3. The first day she didn't  get the call to work from home. The second day she got the task to write an article but there isn't  the option on my computer. As she started at level 3, did i miss something? 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (8,277 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Conservationist job get "Write Conservation Article" assingment be

Hero

Conservationist Sims now Write Conservation Articles at the appropriate career level (level 4). On the same note, the task for Research Conservation now can be completed.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue (or the same for other tasks), please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (2,126 Views)

All Replies

Re: Conservationist Career - missing task on computer

Hero
@Costa Haven't tried this myself yet but do you have any options for the career itself on the computer where it could be under ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (8,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictthank you for reply. I checked all options like career, internet, write a book. All options and sub options. I also changed the PC and the desk.

Message 3 of 22 (8,187 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That task requires a certain career level. Unfortunately it may have shown too early for your Sim.

My Sim is level 4 and can now complete that task.

Career Task.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 22 (8,159 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen @crinrict 

My sim just got a promotion to level 4 and the reward is "to write the ambientalist article" and now i have the option on pc. You @EuphorialQueen are in right. The task showed too early for my sim.

Message 5 of 22 (8,102 Views)

Hero
@Costa Still sounds like a bug. Adjusted the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (8,093 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Conservationist Career - Task showing before doable

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (8,018 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also got the write an article daily task on the level before my sim unlocked the ability to do so. It happened a couple of times and I couldn't for the life of me work out how to do it until she got a promotion and I realised it hadn't been unlocked yet. 

Message 8 of 22 (7,982 Views)

Job Level Too Low To Complete Home Assignment

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim join the Conservationist career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Work from home assignment 'Write Conservation Article' is received before the Sim has job level high enough to complete it.
What do you expect to see? That home assignments are all possible to complete for maximum job performance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed IL

I think this is probably just an oversight on the Devs' end. It's a little annoying, though.

Message 9 of 22 (7,941 Views)

★ Guide

This also happened to me at the same level as OP. Writing an article wasn't an option, so she didn't get paid, but it didn't affect whether she could work from home or not the next day, so I just kept sending her to work until she got a promotion.

Message 10 of 22 (7,900 Views)