by sometimes-i-sim

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Unable to Create Animal Treats

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131 (Cottage Living Patch)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on refrigerator, moving to "Create Animal Treats"
What happens when the bug occurs? I learned the Friendly Treat recipe, and it's visible in my Notebook. When I click on the Fridge to make a treat, the Friendly Treat is greyed out and unable to be clicked on as if I don't have the requisite items, even though I have fruit and veg in the Fridge and my Sim's inventory. I am unable to make the animal treat with Simple Living turned on or off.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to create the animal treat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I learned the "Friendly Treat" Animal Treat recipe, and it's stored in my Notebook. It requires a fruit or a vegetable to create. When I click on a fridge to make the treat, the Friendly Treat appears greyed out and unable to be clicked on, despite having the requisite ingredients in my fridge or in my Sim's inventory. I am unable to make the treat. Though I play with mods in the game, the same problem occurs when I turn mods completely off. I'm wondering if I'm missing an aspect to crafting the Animal Treats, or if there is a bug! 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (3,678 Views)

Re: Unable to Create Animal Treats

Hero
@Ganymede47 Is the friendly treat the only treat you're having issues with or is it all of them ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just purchased the other treats from Buy mode to learn their recipes. They seem to be working fine. I think I might have found the cause of the issue: the fridge will only recognize fruit/veg purchased at the grocery store in town to use in the Friendly Treat recipe. I had been attempting to create the treat before using fruit/veg grown in my Sim's garden. But when I purchased a few produce items at the grocery store in town, I'm now able to create the treat. 

However, I have way more than the requisite ingredients in my fridge; the game just isn't recognizing them for some reason (attaching pictures to show). It seems to only recognize the items bought from the store, not home grown produce. 

Currently don't have a localthumbcache file to delete!

Message 3 of 15 (3,613 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Ganymede47 That is a problem considering you need honey for the golden treat and I don't think they sell that at the stalls. Either way this would explain why I can't make those despite having the ingredients.
Message 4 of 15 (3,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me when I attempt to make a treat outside the active household's residence. Otherwise, it works fine.

Message 5 of 15 (3,553 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 15 (3,470 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't message you for whatever reason, but here's a link to my save in which I'm having the problem shared above if it would be helpful.

I ordered grocery delivery as well as tried to use homegrown produce and none of it is recognized for making the Friendly Animal Treat. I tried switching out the fridge as well, it wasn't successful. I did have a small handful of mods when this happened, but removed them all and the bug persists.

Thank you for looking into it.

Game Save: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_eD3-mQ3Lv2e2XqsJiusq7Tx4W-5_SIP?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 15 (3,427 Views)

Hero
@sometimes-i-sim Your save game is set to private. Could you make the link public ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (3,354 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Message 9 of 15 (3,324 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Unable to Create Animal Treats

★★★ Newbie
@Ganymede47 I have the same problem but with the golden treat is says I have no honey or cow berry, I have both
Message 10 of 15 (3,238 Views)