[FIXED] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

by TuttiFlutey

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

★★★★ Guide

I got a cow flower yesterday.  I told my sim to place in world and she walked into her house and seemed to place it on the coffee table but it disappeared.  After reading this thread today, I went back into that household and deleted the coffee table.  The cow flower was then in my sim's household inventory but the only thing I could do with it was sell it.  I tried placing it so I could plant it but I couldn't.  When I tried my cursor turned to a small white square with a red x. I sold it.

Message 21 of 31 (1,456 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TuttiFlutey I just got this today. I had just enabled the show hidden objects cheat though
Message 22 of 31 (1,431 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Does anyone happen to have a save file right before you received the debug item? If so, could you possibly share with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 31 (1,414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried to plant mine on a garden plot and it disappeared, then I deleted that plot and it moved it to the house inventory and I was able to sell it for 750! 

Message 24 of 31 (1,311 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

★★★ Apprentice

got the same thing but from birds

Message 25 of 31 (1,289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello all. From time to time the animals give me this gift, see. picture. It's a cow flower. When I hover the mouse over it, the word appears to me: TUNING. I wanted to plant it, but every time I put it on the ground, it disappears. Can it be used differently? If not, it would be good to fix it so that the animals do not give such gifts to Sims. Thank you in advance for your reply.

As for the modes, I had a mistake even though I didn't use the modes.

Cow Flower.JPG

Message 26 of 31 (1,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I've encountered this in my modded main save so can't provide a save file for testing but I will say having the Nature Conversationalist (from completing Country Caretaker aspiration) will help reproducing this bug. Unless I'm completely mistaken it seems to not only give you two gifts from animals but more often more valuable gifts and the cow flower gift frequency appears to increase due to these reasons.

edit: oh and by the way the cowplant will still grow! I just dragged it out of my inventory on the ground where it "vanished" but the next day it had already sprouted. Maybe this animal gift should be changed to an actual cowplant berry because it's more useful and obviously doesn't look.. as beta as the textureless cowplant flower does.. :D

Message 27 of 31 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also had this happen however I play on consol so I know it's not because of a mod but it's strange because I haven't heard if a cow flower so I searched it and found your page not sure what to so with the flower now but oh well does anyone know if this will get fixed

Message 28 of 31 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have this one. The birds gave me that. And as you can see, it was translated also in Italian. I can add that I have a very friendly relationship with the birds and they help me with the garden.

cow_flower.jpg

Message 29 of 31 (611 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know this is an old post, but this happened to me. It failed to germinate, so it just disappeared. It’s nowhere in any inventory.!!

Message 30 of 31 (460 Views)