Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Rabbit gifted debug item (Cow Flower)

by rhah01

Original Post

★ Novice

I'm on console so no mods Possible and my bunny just gave me one. I tried to put it in my planter box and it vanished. Next I saw Patchy standing where I put it and now I keep getting a notification "cow flower failed to germinate try putting it in the open" but it's not visible for me. 

Message 11 of 31 (2,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem and when I placed it on a garden plot to try to plant it, it vanished. Now I keep getting repeated alerts every 2-3 seconds that say "A cow flower failed to germinate, try putting it on a more open area next time." I can't figure out how to get these alerts to stop popping up.

Message 12 of 31 (2,446 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I got the same gift, tried to plant it but the seed vanished after I put it on the ground and I couldn't find it anymore. However, a couple of days later it actually started growing by itself in the same spot Standard smile

Message 13 of 31 (2,406 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have this bug too, cow flower gifted by flock of birds, not sure if matter but the tree home is on my lot. have all expansions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kz2uC6EXquKcCyPZTJwRzqefG44X-C4f/view?usp=sharing

Message 14 of 31 (2,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@eelisabethsmith Building a temporary small structure over the area where you placed it might well return it to your inventory. Worth a try anyway.

Message 15 of 31 (2,307 Views)

★ Apprentice

Following @alamna74 's advice, I was able to plant several, all of which grew into 'perfect' cowplants which performed just like any other cowplants. When doing this, it's important to remember that cowplants need a large amount of space, otherwise you'll get the 'a cowplant seed failed to germinate' message but won't be able to see it to pick it up again.

Message 16 of 31 (2,299 Views)

Re: What the heck is a Cow Flower?

★ Novice

Don’t try and plant it I did and it’s invisible and I can’t delete it 

Message 17 of 31 (2,263 Views)

Cow flower issue

★★ Novice

I was playing in cottage living and the birds gifted to me a cow flower.  It’s gold in color.  The description just says **debug** and when I try and plant it in the dirt it says it can’t germinate and disappears so I can’t pick it back up.  I have tried placing a different one on the grass but when I drag it out it’s invisible so I don’t want to loose it.  I hope this gets fixed.  I am curious about the new flower!

Message 18 of 31 (2,205 Views)

Re: Cow flower issue

Champion

@harleyquinn24 Hi!  I think your issue is the same as this thread.  Please click "me too" on the first post and share your thoughts there if you wish.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CoL-Rabbit-gifted-debug-item-Cow-Flower/m-p/10537519/high...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 19 of 31 (2,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I placed it near where my other plants are, chose to plant a mushroom and she went and planted the mushroom and the cow plant to and it looked like it was gone but she planted it right where I placed it.  So it dose plant but you have to choose to plant another plant as well so she dose like the chain plant 

Message 20 of 31 (2,140 Views)