Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Non-Henford sims obsessively talk about HOB villagers needing h

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Non-Henford sims talk about HOB villagers needing help

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Cottage Living installed. Have sims who don't live in Henford-on-Bagley go through their day having conversations with other sims along the way. Perhaps have a sim visit Henford-on-Bagley once, that seemed to increase the problem in my game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Frequent pop-up notifications appear reading "A lot of the villagers around Henford-on-Bagley have been needing help lately." So far up to 10-15 in one sim-day.
What do you expect to see? That pop-up appears only once shortly after the start of a new game (or shortly after installing Cottage Living). Or, that pop-up appears upon the first visit to Henford-on-Bagley, or the welcome wagon for the first sim in the game to move into Henford-on-Bagley.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Cottage Living

I'm playing a save in San Myshuno. No played sims live in Henford-on-Bagley. Over the last few days there have been a surprising amount of notifications that pop up during conversations "A lot of the villagers around Henford-on-Bagley have been needing help lately." Maybe 10-15 per sim-day. Often 2 or 3 notifications from the same sim within maybe 15 sim-minutes.

One sim visited her friend Maira Watson the other day, That was, I believe, the first Henford visit in this save. The number of notifications definitely increased after that. Not sure if that was the cause, as I was already getting some notifications before that.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title to fit

Message 1 of 20 (7,489 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Non-Henford sims talk about HOB villagers needing help

Hero

Residents of Henford-on-Bagley will less often mention how local residents are in need of help.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (1,823 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Cottage] Non-Henford sims obsessively talk about Henford villagers needing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (7,441 Views)

Re: [CoL] Non-Henford sims obsessively talk about Henford villagers needing help

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I have the same issues with my new vanilla save game.

I have this save played for 2 Sims-Week (1Week Rotation-Play) Now with my new Sim where live in Mt.Komorebi my pin-wall get spam with this stupid massage. The message comes to 50% if I use deep conversation, get to know, ask day, or ask career.

This played sim never visit Hanford, but my other sim had to visit Henford for his detective career and since then I have this message.

Bienchen has a mod who stop this nonsense(CottageLiving->lesshenfordtextspam), but really one message for a played family is more as enough. (Or maybe the team want to use the Toddler/Kid effect; *Mom, Mom, MOOOOM the villagers in Henford…* repeat 10x *Dad, Dad, DAAAAD, the Villager in Henford…* repeat 10x)

Message 3 of 20 (7,267 Views)

Re: [CoL] Non-Henford sims obsessively talk about Henford villagers needing help

Champion
@daikoyu it seems to be like an intro to Cottage Living kinda thing. I triggered it on moving a family into Henford, but then when I switched households, there's a random chance for any conversation with anyone to trigger a reminder that sims in Henford need help with errands.

It eventually stops if you listen to what they say and just go to Henford and do an errand - I think I did the Welcome to Henford errand for the mayor and that "completes" this soft tutorial mode and now it's never happened again since on any other household.

I think it's intended behaviour - like it doesn't matter which sim triggers it or if your current played sim hasn't ever been to Henford, once you trigger this "soft tutorial" it will keep nagging you until you complete it.
Message 4 of 20 (7,244 Views)

★★★ Pro

Then is this an awful design, again.

In my other save I had this nagging although I complete the *tutorial*errand with another played household. I had to use bienchen mod to stop this nagging there(but it was less).

So, the workaround in vanilla is just don’t go to Henford and when then doo this errand to stop it for your played sim. I really love quest design wo nag you. It’s the best design ever, almost as great as pop up advertising without addblocker.

Message 5 of 20 (7,220 Views)

Champion

I’d even be happy if there was a random chance of this pop-up when talking to NPC Sims you have a low acquaintance with and aren’t related to. But right now the moment my toddlers age up they start telling all their siblings about how there are errands in Huntford.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 20 (7,206 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Non-Henford sims obsessively talk about HOB villagers needing h

Just following up to say this has gradually slowed down a lot, not quite stopped. It's now maybe one notification every sim-week or two. This is true for all three of the saved games I have going right now, including one where the played household visits Henford-on-Bagley regularly but hasn't done any errands.

Message 7 of 20 (6,812 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Toddlers should not be telling their parents about villagers needing help in Henford-on-Bagley.  Just sayin'.  Wink

Message 8 of 20 (6,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello Everyone!

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 20 (6,686 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Non-Henford sims talk about HOB villagers needing help

★ Apprentice

I only have one thing to say:

Who's stupid idea was this? Angry

Message 10 of 20 (6,354 Views)