Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I didn't realized this bug was a thing until now...

I had to take a print because it's hillarious!!!! 

29-12-21_19-46-33.png

Message 51 of 88 (1,537 Views)

★ Novice

This has happened to me as well.  I have multiple versions of these - and it's really hard to run errands trying to figure out which one is the right one!!
I have no Mods, and no Custom Content - and never have.

Message 52 of 88 (1,521 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bought Cottage Living in the Winter Sale and was upset to see this bug. Pretty disappointing that it still has not been fixed.

How do you cope with it? Is there a temporary fix? Can the Cumplebottom clones be safely deleted in the Manage Households tab?

Message 53 of 88 (1,426 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been deleting all the clones from the manage households tab. 

I modified the "real" Agnes to have a wedding ring on all her outfits. but I haven't seen her pop up yet. -sight

I wish I wasn't a console player, then at least I could use mods. why Tue heck are these games so buggy???

Message 54 of 88 (1,301 Views)

Re: [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★ Guide

Maybe this os what is causing the Error 0 Save Issue that people are having.

Message 55 of 88 (1,253 Views)

Re: [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★ Guide

So. now my game has also booted Kim from her own store. 

This could at least be remedied by having a trait cheat so I could give them their spits back, the way I fix the father winter bug. But I don't think there is a special trait code? 

This is really frustrating as I am a console user so I can't fix it with a mod. 

Message 56 of 88 (1,215 Views)

I have this too, but since someone mentioned that it is never the original Agnes and Agathas tending the stalls, I made a little experiment. I deleted all clones and then summoned original, hidden Agatha and Agnes to my home lot and had a chat with them. When asking about their careers, they said they were retired. Which makes sense, unplayed elders get retired at some point and because all new Agnes and Agathas are also elders, they will eventually retire as well and you‘ll end up with a bunch of them. At least that‘s my current guess where the bug comes from. 

I cheated them their jobs back and the next time I visited Finchwick did at least not creat new Crumplebottoms. 

Message 57 of 88 (1,181 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

For anyone still seeing multiple Crumplebottoms being generated (with an empty Mods folder) - would you be willing to share your affected save file(s)?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 58 of 88 (7,587 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the multiple Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom bug and I've attached my save below in a google doc. 

Save 

Message 59 of 88 (887 Views)

EA Staff
@Tilogy

Hello!
Thank you for reaching out with save file.

Looks like the save link is private as when we try accessing we get an access denied error. Please feel free to change the permission and share the save link via DM.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 60 of 88 (853 Views)