Re: Multiple versions of Agatha Crumplebottom and Agnes Crumplebottom

by thisisarealpainx

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I am not using any mods at the moment and I have this issue, too. But I used MCCC a long time ago for the same save file. Do I still need to apply a factory reset and use a fresh new save file -although I do not think they are related :/- ? (This is my 15th generation, so I hope it will be enough to use “save as” for creating a new save file… lol)

Message 11 of 88 (2,023 Views)

[ Edited ]

@crinrict just wanted to make you aware that two people have commented here to say that this has happened to them in saves without mods. So, it sounds like it may well not be mod related. It might just be a coincidence that I got this issue on a save which had had MCCC and did not get this problem in a different save which had never had any mods. Maybe it just affects some saves and not others.

Message 12 of 88 (1,998 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Is there any way to show hidden households without using mods? I know how you show them with MCCC.

This bug worries me a lot because it sounds like the Father Winter bug which can destroy your save.

Message 13 of 88 (1,986 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mh4515 I don't believe there is any way of doing that, but the additional Crumplebottoms are generated as households that are visible in manage households (although one Agnes and one Agatha will remain as a hidden household). So if you can't see any Agathas or Agneses in manage households then you're all good.

I don't know if this will help but I have some more information. I opened the 'mc_cmd_center' file (the notepad file which for me is in Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods/Deaderpool) and found the following entries:

[Jul-25-2021 09:46:01]* Created homeless household, Jorgensen, containing 1 sim(s) for: _SituationFilters_CottageWorld_NPC_AgnesCrumplebottom
[Jul-25-2021 09:46:01]* Created homeless household, Moyer, containing 1 sim(s) for: _SituationFilters_CottageWorld_NPC_AgathaCrumplebottom

and:

[Jul-25-2021 09:52:05]* Created homeless household, Bradley, containing 1 sim(s) for: _SituationFilters_CottageWorld_NPC_AgnesCrumplebottom
[Jul-25-2021 09:52:05]* Created homeless household, Prado, containing 1 sim(s) for: _SituationFilters_CottageWorld_NPC_AgathaCrumplebottom

There are no earlier entries so I am not able to check further back but it seems to me that if I could go further back, I would find similar entries, accounting for all of my 'surplus' Agathas and Agneses.

Not sure if MCCC is just recording the issue or if it's actually responsible for the issue.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 14 of 88 (1,940 Views)

Re: [PROBABLY MOD RELATED] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★ Guide

No MCCC active at the moment and have a mild version of this. One extra Agatha popped up in manage households. Just one though.

Message 15 of 88 (1,925 Views)

Hero
@to7m would you mind sending me your save ? To be sure, the save game never had mods ?

Instructions in my save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 88 (1,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do not use mods and I also have this issue. Currently two Agathas…

Message 17 of 88 (1,852 Views)

Hero
@aramat222 Could you please also send me your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 88 (1,841 Views)

Re: [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★★★★ Guide

Bug can be seen happening in James Turner's latest video. I am building the biggest farm! The Sims 4 Cottage Living (Part 13) at 26:45. As far as I know he does not play with mods.

Message 19 of 88 (1,817 Views)

Re: [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

Hero
I'm starting to think it's a new case of the Father Winter bug but the interactions being the trigger for the creation

Also wonder if those with mods are just the ones seeing it as they are hidden again

Currently checking my own save for hidden households

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 88 (1,806 Views)