[OPEN] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

by naeshelle

Original Post

Re: [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

Thanks for all the information you've provided so far.  At the moment we're looking to gather un-modded save files that are experiencing this issue.

If you would like to assist us with this investigation by providing a save file, the instructions on how to send us these files can be found in the post here from the Sims team. 

Thanks!

EACade
Message 11 of 177 (17,021 Views)

Re: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is also occurring on the PS4/PS5 on my unmodded saved game

Message 12 of 177 (3,709 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am confused on how to submit a video for this from the PS5 as it is a Hatchable egg that has disappeared/spoils and the time of which it does so is random.

Message 13 of 177 (3,702 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

CM Edit: English on the English forums please. 

Message 14 of 177 (3,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same issue. I have no mods on my game. Every time I place a hatchable egg in the coop, I catch my sim throwing it out. 

Message 15 of 177 (3,605 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have had the same issue since the latest game patch. The hatchable eggs keep getting spoiled, even thoough it should be impossible, and I can't raise my own chicks anymore.
Message 16 of 177 (3,586 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's hoping!  This has happened to me several times.  EARLY ON, I downloaded some community content but I have NEVER downloaded any mods.  At the moment, I don't even have any community content.  I generally play without it as glitches drive me crazy and I'm not smart enough for workarounds.  LOL!  I really hope this helps!  Let me know if you need anything else!  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AssffPNc_gznhL1sWRg9ksfVArci8w

Version number: 1.86.166.1030

If you look at the logs, I just recently cleared the cache unfortunately.

Message 17 of 177 (3,526 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hey all, I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I may have stumbled onto a workaround! Let me detail my steps so everyone can make use of it.

1. You are going to need testing cheats on. To enable TestingCheats, open the console with Left CTRL+Shift+C (press/hold with one fluid motion in that order) or by pressing all four shoulder buttons on console. Once the white box appears, type testingcheats on.

Okay, this is EXACTLY WHAT I DID. Three golden eggs disappeared from my hutch, so I "cheated" and got three golden eggs from the shift menu when you click on the chicken hutch. Let me detail that.

2. WITH TESTING CHEATS ON, SHIFT CLICK on the chicken hutch. You will see a radial menu with a variety of options. Click on hatchable eggs and choose the one that you want. If you want to skip a lot of these steps, click chicken egg ready to hatch! Otherwise, click another option. RECLAIM YOUR GOLDEN AND OBSIDIAN LOST EGGS! LOL!

This will cause the egg to be able to be collected from the hutch immediately. I immediately had my sim collect them.

Here's where it gets fun.

I then placed the eggs in the coop. I always have a fenced in enclosure around my chickens. I put them in LOCKDOWN. NO ONE ALLOWED IN while the eggs were incubating. You can do this by clicking on the gate and locking the gates to EVERYONE.

During incubation, I would go into build mode, move my chickens OUTSIDE the fence, feed and play with them, and then put them back in build mode. I did have to let a Sim in to cater to my cow, but they were under CLOSE SUPERVISION and never came near the hutch. Then, I immediately locked it up tight again.

Now, the eggs, despite being IMMEDIATELY collected and placed, did spoil, BUT THEY STILL HATCHED. At different points they would not show the hatch counter either. BUT THEY HATCHED ALL THE SAME.

You can clean your chicken coop in the radial menu on the SHIFT CLICK on the coop, so it doesn't get dirty.

Using all these tips, I hope this helps!
Message 18 of 177 (3,502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade Submitted a save and a possible workaround!
Message 19 of 177 (3,499 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bit of info to add to this.  I'm not submitting a save file as I have mods, but this is happening even if I pull them to test.

I had two eggs make it unspoiled to hatching today, and I believe it is because they were excellent quality.  I had three hatchable eggs that I collected at the same time.  One normal, two excellent.  The normal one spoiled and was cleaned up by the sim, but the two excellent eggs made it unspoiled to hatching.

Message 20 of 177 (3,435 Views)