Re: hel

by PipMenace

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruRitzy Are you interested in a Mac save? If I can figure out how to send it.
I have been experimenting a lot with the issue, and so far haven't been able to fiend a solution that works every time. I haven't played a farm since my last post about this issue, so if you made any changes since then, I should probably first check if it still happens.
Let me know if your interested.
Message 81 of 181 (1,397 Views)

Re: Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★ Newbie

Aug 7, 2022 

@EA_Cade 

Has any progress been made on this issue? 
I have been having the same problem. All my hatchable eggs that I put into the incubator expire that very same sim day. 
I play on the PS4 and have no mods/cc. I only have cottage living, family, and get to work expansions.  
I understand on post #11 you require people to send in save files to help solve this issue. However, it’s a huge pain to do that on the PS4. 
Since the last post was in April and it’s now August I wondered if any progress has been made? 

Message 82 of 181 (1,344 Views)

Re: [OPEN] - [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★ Apprentice

@MonikaJo21 wrote:

I finally figured this out!

After losing over 20 hatchable eggs I finally deleted my coop and placed a new one.

I was having a hard time placing the new coop in the same spot so I moved things around and placed it elsewhere. Just hatched my first chick!

That did not work for me. I deleted my coop multiple times and it did not seem to solve the issue. I even tried having it in a completely different spot and that also did not work. 

Message 83 of 181 (1,277 Views)

hel

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except werewolves and wedding stories and all accessories except bowling night stuff. No kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Cottage Living. Buy a Chicken Coop. Get a rooster and a hen. Wait for them to make an egg that can be hatched. Place the egg in the coop. Wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The egg disappears every time and never hatches
What do you expect to see? I expect my egg to hatch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am aware that this bug has been reported already, but I have been experiencing this since around April and it is still not fixed. It happens every time on all of my saves (new and old), I reinstalled the game multiple times and used the repair option on origin. Because of this bug it is impossible to play a cottage, farm save where the chickens are born and you don't have to buy more. I do not have any CC or mods and it is clearly a game issue.

Message 84 of 181 (1,315 Views)

Champion

There’s already a thread for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-CoL-Hatchable-eggs-disappearing-spoiling/m-p/11411...

You could click “me too” over there and send in your save file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 85 of 181 (1,289 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I know just I have been waiting for this fix for months, I already submitted my saves, but it seems like the bug is forgotten

Message 86 of 181 (1,289 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★★ Pro

Has this been secretly fixed? I'm currently playing chickens for the first time in months - in a new save started after the 2 HSY patches. I had no problems with my hatchable egg, it didn't spoil/wasn't taken away while cleaning the coop.

Message 87 of 181 (1,234 Views)

chicken coop spoiled eggs

★★★ Apprentice

Since last patch(es): when collected hatch-able eggs are put in coop they're spoiled after only a few sim hours. Only very very few eggs hatch. Is there a reason or is this a bug?

Message 88 of 181 (1,252 Views)

Re: chicken coop spoiled eggs

Hero
@croc4854 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 181 (1,218 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too! But my hatchable eggs keep spoiling. I didn't know it was a bug, so I was very confused when I was doing everything right but it kept spoiling. I hope this can get solved, it's the first time I'm playing with chickens

Message 90 of 181 (1,210 Views)