Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Vampires and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Buy chicken coop & place it on lot 2. Buy chickens for chicken coop, one hen & one rooster 3. Wait until the hen produces a hatchable egg 4. Collect the hatchable egg 5. Drag the hatchable egg to the coop to incubate
What happens when the bug occurs? The egg just disappears. At some point between placing the egg in the coop to hatch & the time the egg is supposed to hatch, the egg disappears. The issue persists even with mods removed.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to hatch the egg. It's not there for me to hatch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Several folks on the Sims 4 subreddit have been experiencing the same issue & have reported that the eggs are actually spoiling before they can hatch & sims are throwing them away. I have not personally observed this, although it is possible that my sims are just very sneaky & are disposing of the eggs before I can catch them in the act. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 177 (30,092 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We no longer need save files for this issue.  Thank you to all that provided saves and information.  The team will look into it.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 113 of 177 (19,360 Views)

All Replies

Re: Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

Community Manager
Hi @naeshelle,

Reporting a bug that you yourself are not experiencing limits us in our ability to assist and address the issue as we cannot gather information on the issue from you directly.

We can open an investigation, but until someone who is experiencing the issue also reports it to us we'll be unable to gather system logs, determine if this is mod related, etc.

Thank you for reporting this potential issue, but in the future please only report issues that you're experiencing yourself.
EACade
Message 2 of 177 (29,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Cade 

To be clear, my eggs ARE disappearing. Hence why I filled out the bug report. The only thing I have not observed is the eggs spoiling & my sims throwing them out. I will encourage the simmers who have experienced that to chime in on this discussion. But system logs & such can still be collected from ME because, as I indicated in my bug report, my eggs are disappearing.

Message 3 of 177 (29,973 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @naeshelle,

Thanks for that info, does this also occur in an un-modded save as well?
EACade
Message 4 of 177 (29,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This actually happened in my game today! I was incubating two hatchable eggs, then my sim kids visited another lot and when I returned to their home lot I saw the eggs were missing. I thought it was weird, but I put a new egg in the coop. It spoiled and I was like "oh well... I didn't know they could spoil" and cleaned it up. Then I put two more eggs there and went to play another family. Those are my last hatchable eggs Frown

I don't use mods.

//edit: Those last two eggs hatched normally!

Message 5 of 177 (29,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hiya,

I've been experiencing the issue with the hatchable eggs spoiling in the hutch and my Sim then automatically goes to the hutch and disposes of the egg when this happens. I've had this happen both with and without mods on my game. 

Message 6 of 177 (29,832 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade Yes, it happens even with my mods removed!
Message 7 of 177 (29,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved two family members out of my household so the game took me to their new house. I immediately went to manage worlds to return to my original home and all the hatchable eggs I had stored up were spoiled. I've never had hatchable eggs spoil before.

Message 8 of 177 (29,628 Views)

Re: [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

★★★ Newbie

Can confirm - this happened to me today as well.  I'm playing on Xbox, no mods.  Two eggs incubating in the coop, one disappeared, the other I observed a Sim autonomously go and throw away. Frown

Message 9 of 177 (29,463 Views)

Re: [CoL] Hatchable eggs disappearing/spoiling

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I just had this happen today on PS5. First time I've been on a lot with chickens in a brand new save. I had my sim collect eggs then used the incubate in henhouse option. The egg was in the house for a little while and then just disappeared. No chick spawned, and the egg was gone. 

Edit: This happened again but I caught a screenshot of it spoiling before my sim threw it out. 1802895bf667-screenshotUrl.jpg

Message 10 of 177 (29,457 Views)