[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

by haako40

Original Post

Re: [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

★ Novice
@PipMenace My thoughts exactly. Why only for a brief moment? He won’t stop returning till he gets it.
Message 11 of 19 (842 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ValerieAndDustin This is only barely relavent to this, earlier in my game save there was two sims that died shortly after each other and when death was coming to collect the first dead sim, the other dead sim feel to the ground and died right in front of the path death was using to get to first dead sim, so death was stuck trying to reap first dead sim, but couldn't, because he would get a path fail because of second dead sim. this was on a community lot, but that was a long time ago.
Message 12 of 19 (828 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

★★ Novice

Even after I asked the evil chicken to not help and sold the chicken, the grim reaper still lingers. He won’t leave the family and sims can’t interact with him. I have tried many times to ‘reset object’ but it doesn’t help. Turning off Tempe game doesn’t help either. No mods are impacting the game. 

Message 13 of 19 (803 Views)

★ Novice
@ThePurplePoet I did that also. Now I have no reaper coming to take my chicken who is ready to go and game is stuck on "someone dying mode"
Message 14 of 19 (794 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Grim Reaper stuck in loop when fighting with evil hen

★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me right now. They just keep fighting over and over. 

Message 15 of 19 (689 Views)

Grim Repear Gets Stuck with Evil Chicken, grim can’t leave, game can’t continue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, cottage living, cats and dogs, city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, seasons, parenthood, spa day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have evil chicken in coop with “evil chicken help” enabled 2. Have any sim die.
What happens when the bug occurs? When household sim: this sim will be “killed” & lie on floor “dead” and other members of household will start crying and get sad moodlets. If animal (eg fox): the animal will lie “dead” on the ground. The grim reaper will circle the property but not kill anyone. It will get in fights with the evil chicken over and over again. The game will be unable to save or exit. This happened to me three times, once with a household sim, once with a household cat, and once with a fox. Each time I had to ask the evil chicken to stop providing evil chicken help so the game could continue.
What do you expect to see? The grim reaper to interact with the evil chicken in the intended way and for the sim or wild animal to be killed or spared with the chicken’s help & for the game not to get stuck in a phase where you cannot save or leave the lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please provide assistance, thank you 

Message 16 of 19 (685 Views)

Re: Grim Repear Gets Stuck with Evil Chicken, grim can’t leave, game can’t conti

Hero
@sskootsky I merged your post with the existing bug report on this.

Could you send your save to Nick as asked on page 1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (648 Views)

Evil chicken keeps fighting with grim reaper

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except high school years, werewolves, batuu, kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an evil chicken and have an animal dying on your lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The evil chicken and the grim reaper keep starting fights. After the chicken wins the fight, the grim reaper walks away, but stays on the lot, and returns to fight with the chicken. Creating a never ending loop.
What do you expect to see? One fight after which the grim reaper leaves
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever an animal, I encountered this with a wild fox and a chicken, dies, the grim reaper comes to get the animal. However, the evil chicken is supposed to fight off grim, but they keep having fights. The solution I found is to put the evil chicken into the sim's inventory to let the grim reaper take the animal.

Message 18 of 19 (572 Views)

Re: Evil chicken keeps fighting with grim reaper

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem a few days ago.  The game was up-to-date with no mods installed.  I have Cottage Living, Seasons, Growing Together, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs, Cool Kitchen, Desert Luxe, and Backyard Living.  My lot includes some debug items and some items placed with bb.moveObjects, but everything near the chickens was functional, so nothing important was blocked.

There was an elderly befriended fox dying far off my lot, and I had a Sim from the household over there witnessing the death. 

Grim seemed to be trying to reap the dying fox, but he spawned on my lot and walked past the chicken coop (why???) and kept fighting my evil chickens.  I don't know who was winning, but the fights repeated a number of times.  Grim would go only a little distance away and then approach the chickens again.  The chickens were in a fenced-in area, so he was getting quite close to them -- they weren't chasing him.  I did have more than one evil chicken -- maybe four adults?  So maybe there were enough of them that when one lost, another was ready to fight again.  This went on for a *while*.

At first I didn't know why the death was taking so long, but I scrolled around and found the chickens and Grim.  The behaviors kept repeating.  I finally broke things up by pausing right after each fight and asking that chicken to stop using its powers.  When I finally did that to the last evil chicken (they were hard to keep track of, so it took a while), Grim went and took care of the fox.

There were no obvious chicken deaths in progress, but some chickens were getting old and I might have misunderstood the notification popups about that.  But on the other hand, I didn't have my first chicken deaths due to old age until a later play session, so I don't think there was a dying chicken involved this time, or if there was it must have gotten better (if that's a thing).  There were no other animal deaths going on that I know of.

Unfortunately I don't have save, in part because saves are disabled when this is going on!

Message 19 of 19 (61 Views)