by swampwitchy

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Finchwick Fair can't submit crops entry from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow your own crop, put in inventory, head to fair and click submit
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant submit the entry
What do you expect to see? To be able to submit the entry of the crop I have grown.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I grew a perfect watermelon, put it in my inventory, and headed to the fair. I'm able to submit my pie to the competition but when I go to submit entry for my watermelon, it says I need an herb, vegetable or fruit in order to submit. Not only do I have a fruit, I have several. All of them were grown by me.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (4,735 Views)
Highlighted

Finchwick Fair Podiums Unusable, Can't Enter Competition

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I live at the lot "5 Cobblebottom Street" and walk from there to the fairgrounds (on the day and time of the fair). I already have harvested oversize watermelons and an apple pie in my sim's inventory to be entered into the contest. Once there, I attempt to click on the podium to enter my items but am unable.
What happens when the bug occurs? The podiums at Finchwick Fair won't let me click on them to enter my produce. I can click to view other entries, but when I click on a podium that's empty (any of them) no options even come up. This has only happened at the Oversize Produce fair specifically (so far).
What do you expect to see? Working fair podiums that allow entry of produce/pies/animals into competition.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've already tried several things to fix the bug. I've tried going to a different area like the Bramblewood and then travelling back to the fair by going into my calendar and clicking the "Travel to Finchwick Fair" button. I've tried exiting and restarting my game. I've tried to debug/reset both my sim and the podiums. Nothing so far has done anything. The other two fairs I've attended (chicken and cow) have not had this issue. I also have absolutely no mods or cc yet and never have, as I'm new to the Sims 4.

Message 2 of 11 (4,607 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair Podiums Unusable, Can't Enter Competition

Hero
@swampwitchy Could you try repairing the game ? To be sure, you get no option at all, not even a greyed out one and there is nothing on the podium already ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (4,584 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair can't submit entry from inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheQuinnBee Those are just for normal vegetables/fruit. The Oversize crop have their own competition. Can you submit other produce ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,699 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried repairing and there's no apparent change. And yes, no option at all and nothing on the podium. Podiums that already have NPC entries are clickable and have the "view competition entry" option.

Message 5 of 11 (4,564 Views)

Hero
@swampwitchy and the other entries are oversized veggies not normal ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (4,554 Views)

★★ Novice

One was an oversized pumpkin, the other was a normal looking watermelon (viewing it said something about it not being very big/impressive). I am having the same issue with both the veggie podiums AND the one for the pie entries, to clarify.

Message 7 of 11 (4,538 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair can't submit entry from inventory

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem and checked this thread and thought that may have been the issue but I just tried again with regular produce and same issue. 

Message 8 of 11 (4,620 Views)

Re: [CoL] Finchwick Fair can't submit entry from inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

I just encountered this issue too. Baked a cake & it's in my inventory, yet I am not able to submit my entry. The option is greyed out & says that I would need to have a cake in my inventory in order to participate

Message 9 of 11 (3,506 Views)

Re: [CoL] Finchwick Fair can't submit entry from inventory

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

With the above save file there are a couple of more details we would like to have:

1. Is the Issue happening when trying to submit the entries with Oversized crops at Finchwick Oversized crop fair?
2. Is the Issue happening when trying to submit the entries with Pie in inventory at Finchwick garden fair rather than the baked cake as the hover on the competition fair indicates pie recipes needed to submit the entry?

@Amentih I see that you recently encountered the issue, would you mind helping us with the save file and other two questions we have?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 11 (3,381 Views)