Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] Cow and LLama won't come out of shed unless called out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Journey to Battu, Nifty Knitting, Moschino, Fitness stuff, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the new Cottage Living for about an hour
What happens when the bug occurs? The llamas and cows will go in to sleep in their sheds and won't come out unless called out by a sim. When they are called out, they're starving, dirty, and unhappy with a full and clean shed
What do you expect to see? The animals to leave their shed naturally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought the expansion pack

After playing the new pack for about an hour, I noticed my llama and cow hadn't left their shed for about 20 minutes after I got a notification saying my llama was going to leave from being unhappy. No matter how many times I restart the game, they won't come out of their sheds naturally. When I call them out, they are starving, unhappy, and dirty even though their shed has stayed full on foor and clean.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (4,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Cow and LLama won't come out of shed unless called out

Hero

Cows and Llamas come out of their sheds autonomously and no longer are unhappy when their shed is clean and full with feed.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,874 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cow and LLama won't come out

★ Guide

I watched a Let’s play from JamesTurnerYT on YouTube and he was having the exact issue you are having with the animals not coming out of the shed. So you aren’t the only one having this issue.

Message 2 of 15 (4,913 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue... but looking at the thermometer it's always when it is a cold day that this happens, so I thought it was because of that.

Message 3 of 15 (4,874 Views)

Re: [CoL] Cow and LLama won't come out of shed unless called out

Hero
Thought we already have a thread for this but I can't find it atm.

Might need to merge later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (4,869 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 15 (4,734 Views)

Cow won't stop sleeping

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them but this is in regards to Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Owning a cow for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cow will not eat, will not wake up unless told to come out of barn. The food in the barn is full but cow will come out eventually (if at all) starving and filthy.
What do you expect to see? This fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not entirely sure what is going on but I've had my cow for a while in game and this up until recently has not been an issue. But now,  my cow won't wake up,  won't eat,  and won't come out unless I call her out. When she comes out, she will be filthy & starving.  I have to feed her by hand and wash her.  She will not eat while in the she even though it is full of feed. 

Message 6 of 15 (4,694 Views)

Re: Cow won't stop sleeping

Hero
@thelegendofsmol I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Could you send your save to SimGuruNick as asked above.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (4,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep and now my chickens won’t grow up and most of my vegetables and fruits went back to being sprouts and won’t grow any bigger so they can produce crops. 

Message 8 of 15 (4,182 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict My chicken is frozen after reset nothing happens
Message 9 of 15 (3,988 Views)

Re: Cow won't stop sleeping

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I had just recently discovered this bug in my game on Windows 10. A family who has a cow for quite a while, having the same issue now. Cow won’t come out unless it’s called out, and then looks dirty and starving, mainly the same issue as you have. Not sure when it started because I haven’t played with this family since December 21.

ETA: Since the game patch 1.85 the cow is coming out again by itself.

Message 10 of 15 (3,914 Views)